Strange things happening in Quark 2015

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Strange things happening in Quark 2015

Postby mincerkelly » 04 Oct 2017, 04:34

Hi

I have been experiencing some problems lately with my Quark 2015 (PC version, using Windows 10).

1. When I have a picture box selected with an image in it, and then do a Conrol C to copy the image, it will not paste into a new empty picture box. I have even tried right clicking the box and selected copy and then when I select the new empty box it still will not paste. The paste option is actually greyed out!

2. A second issue that is happening is that when I have some text in a text box selected, I cannot change the leading value by pressing the up or down arrows in the measurements palette. I can change the leading by selecting the value and typing the new value over it.

Can anyone advise as to what is going wrong here in both cases and how can I fix them?

Thanks
mincerkelly
mincerkelly

Re: Strange things happening in Quark 2015

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 04 Oct 2017, 05:40

Hi mincerkelly,

re 1), do you have the item tool or the content tool selected? You need to have the content tool selected to copy an image.
re 2), I believe we only introduced that in QuarkXPress 2017.

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Strange things happening in Quark 2015

Postby mincerkelly » 04 Oct 2017, 07:08

Hi Matthias

In relation to:
1) I am definitely using the content tool and it will currently not work when copying a photo image from one picture box to another.

2) This feature has been working all along even in older versions of Quark (Quark 10 for example).

Also, my colleague here has the same Quark 2015 running on his similar PC and both of these functions are working just fine for him!

Can you help rectify these on my PC?
Can some setting be changed to allow this?

Mincerkelly
mincerkelly

Return to QuarkXPress 2015: General