exporting spreads via book palette

Discuss PDF Export and Print functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 and QuarkXPress 2016, including PDF/X workflows

exporting spreads via book palette

Postby Worthington » 08 May 2015, 08:35

When I make books in QXP, I split them into chapters as separate documents, all linked together in the book palette. These chapters often start on a right-hand page and so each document also starts on the right hand page with a blank space (not blank page) to its left.

When I output these, usually as PDFs, I need to have spreads for visuals and separate pages for the printer. The latter is easy, just select all the chapters in the book palette and run them to high res PDFs as separate pages.

But if I try to run out spreads, the vacant space adjacent to the right-hand page at the start of each chapter (ie where a left hand page should be), is taken by the first page of the chapter which QXP automatically shifts left. A blank page is inserted automatically to it's right, where the first page (now shifted to the left) should be.

In reality, the last page of the preceding chapter should be on the left and the first page of the next chapter to its right.

Is there a solution to this? So that the individual chapters automatically combine to make spreads rather than automatically inserting a blank page.

-------------------

Two weeks later. I am surprised no-one has a solution, or a work-around or told me to RTFM where it is in easy-to-understand language for the hard of thinking. In which case should I put the problem as a request to Matthias?
Worthington

Re: exporting spreads via book palette

Postby ahrobbins » 01 Sep 2016, 12:05

RTFM! LoL. If only that would solve all our problems! :-)
ahrobbins

Re: exporting spreads via book palette

Postby Worthington » 01 Sep 2016, 16:53

Sorry, I miss your point. What are you really saying?
Worthington

Return to QuarkXPress 2015/2016: Output (Printing & PDF Export)