Exporting to Press Ready with QR codes on page

Discuss PDF Export and Print functionality of QuarkXPress 2015, 2016 & 2017, including PDF/X workflows

Exporting to Press Ready with QR codes on page

Postby ablock » 23 Jul 2015, 13:28

Since upgrading to 2015 I can no long export my documents to PDF in a Press Ready format where I have placed QR codes on them. The codes are saved out from Illustrator as .eps files with a white background. My other .eps files export just fine, just these. Using a PC. Is there a new setting I am missing?
ablock

Re: Exporting to Press Ready with QR codes on page

Postby MikeWenzloff » 23 Jul 2015, 13:44

Would probably need one of your EPS files. Mine export to PDF fine, though I don't normally use the Press Ready preset. (But just tried and it worked fine.)

Have you tried AI format, saved the PDF data?

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby ablock » 23 Jul 2015, 14:00

The .AI format works just fine, thanks for the idea Mike. Would prefer not to resave all of my files tho. The pdf/x format 1 and 3 work but not 4. Looks like that is what I will have to do. This forum doesn't allow an .eps for an attachment so can't send that along.
ablock

Postby MikeWenzloff » 23 Jul 2015, 14:29

Glad it worked.

For attachments in the future, or to have another pair of eyes on your present EPS version, you would need to ZIP it to attach. Once the fairly small forum size limit is reached, files need to be upload to something like dropbox.com and a link, publicly available (in the forum message) or privately via a PM, needs to be used.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby A Palaniappan (Quark) » 24 Jul 2015, 06:55

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Quark.

Kindly share the project, EPS file and the outputted PDF file along with the output style used to output to verify the issue.

Kindly send the issues/files to apalaniappan@quark.com

Thanks
A. Palaniappan
A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress 20xx: Output (Printing & PDF Export)