HELP Quark is crashing when I try to make a pdf

Discuss PDF Export and Print functionality of QuarkXPress 2015, 2016 & 2017, including PDF/X workflows

HELP Quark is crashing when I try to make a pdf

Postby MadSam » 25 Jul 2016, 16:49

I downloaded and installed the latest June Update and now Quark crashes EVERY TIME I try to make a pdf. I'm so angry and at a loss. I need to make pdf's.

I'm running OS X El Capitan 10.11.06
Quark 2015 11.2.0.5

Thanks in advance for any help.
Cari
MadSam

Re: HELP Quark is crashing when I try to make a pdf

Postby A Palaniappan (Quark) » 25 Jul 2016, 23:48

Hi Cari/MadSam,

Thank you for contacting Quark.

When there is any crash, kindly send the crash log with additional info by doing what steps the QuarkXPress crashed.

Is it occurring for any projects having some colored fill/text?
If it is occurring only with any specific project, kindly share the CFO.

Kindly send the CFO, crash log to apalaniappan@quark.com

If the crash is occurring with any project, then kindly re-verify the installation.

Thanks
A. Palaniappan
A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby HuckinAlabama » 22 Sep 2016, 12:10

I am having the same problem in exporting to PDF. Quark 16 does seem to have a problem with multicolored, or even single color blends to no color, screens. Font colors seem to be working without a problem. If I eliminate these screens Quark 16 works well.
HuckinAlabama

Postby HuckinAlabama » 22 Sep 2016, 16:21

It was suggested that I delete the Quark preference folder in the Library. I did so, then was required to reload the software (not a big problem), however, the problem still remains. Quark does not crash, it just sits there with the color wheel spinning. I get past a few pages, then the problem begins.
HuckinAlabama

Postby A Palaniappan (Quark) » 23 Sep 2016, 01:13

Hi Cari/MadSam,

Thank you for contacting Quark.

Kindly send the CFO, crash log to apalaniappan@quark.com

Thanks
A. Palaniappan
A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby HuckinAlabama » 23 Sep 2016, 14:36

I have tried all of the recommended remedies that the Quark gurus have suggested, all to no avail. I have upgraded to the latest Mac OS and I am running the latest version of Quark. Fortunately, I was able to make one PDF file last week, but this week nothing seems to work. I know that I can create a PDF by printing the Quark file to a postscript file and then generating the PDF in Adobe Distiller, but I didn't pay the kind of money I paid to upgrade the software and not have it do what the previous versions did so well.
HuckinAlabama

Postby Firearms » 17 Nov 2016, 10:26

did you try making a postscript file first?
Firearms

Postby MikeWenzloff » 17 Nov 2016, 10:44

HuckinAlabama wrote:I have tried all of the recommended remedies that the Quark gurus have suggested, all to no avail. I have upgraded to the latest Mac OS and I am running the latest version of Quark. Fortunately, I was able to make one PDF file last week, but this week nothing seems to work. I know that I can create a PDF by printing the Quark file to a postscript file and then generating the PDF in Adobe Distiller, but I didn't pay the kind of money I paid to upgrade the software and not have it do what the previous versions did so well.

consider sending a CFO copy of the project to apalaniappan@quark.com and see if the issue can be replicated. If I am understanding you issue correctly, it doesn't happen here.

Have you tried creating a new user account and trying it from that new account? If that works, there is something corrupted in your main user profile.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Return to QuarkXPress 20xx: Output (Printing & PDF Export)