Problems Printing Book Quark 15

Discuss PDF Export and Print functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 and QuarkXPress 2016, including PDF/X workflows

Problems Printing Book Quark 15

Postby pizzarollz » 27 Jan 2017, 09:56

My company uses Quark 15 to create catalogs. I have created one and all the chapters are in a book (about 80 pages). I go to print book to see how it looks, but the pages do not want to print on both sides of the paper. I have it set in printer settings to print on both sides as well as a printer capable of it. Each chapter will print on both sides but when one chapter ends on the right page the next chapter does not want to print on the other side, it will be blank behind it and print the next chapter on the next right page when it needs to be the left. I have it setup in the individual chapter/project page layout if one ends with a left page the next starts with right.
Please help,
Thank you.
pizzarollz

Re: Problems Printing Book Quark 15

Postby MikeWenzloff » 27 Jan 2017, 10:32

I don't have Q started right now and am away from my desk anyway.

I think there is a preference to insert blank pages in Preferences or even int he print dialog...but I cannot remember. It may be that there is one when generating a PDF, though.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby pizzarollz » 27 Jan 2017, 11:44

Thank you for the reply. I went back and looked at the print dialog and in page options 'Include Blank Pages' is unchecked. I could not find any other different options about inserting blank pages. Could it be something else?
pizzarollz

Postby MikeWenzloff » 27 Jan 2017, 13:02

Try going to PDF and see if that works.

I generally never print direct, so I have no experience whether it works or not during a print. Other than to see a given page, I always produce a PDF. And if I needed to, I would delete the pages from it.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby pizzarollz » 27 Jan 2017, 13:53

I'm going to have to, weird that it's doing this. Thank you for the help!
pizzarollz

Return to QuarkXPress 2015/2016: Output (Printing & PDF Export)