Creating animated HTML5 Banner Ads with Quark 16

Ask questions about creating HTML5 Publications (fixed or responsive) using QuarkXPress 2016 and 2017. HTML5 Publications allow you to create online publications with near-WYSIWYG typography and design and app-like interactivity – at no extra cost.

Creating animated HTML5 Banner Ads with Quark 16

Postby KP » 10 Mar 2016, 16:34

I occasionally need to generate animated banners for a client. For example, if they are exhibiting at a large trade fair they have the opportunity to have an animated banner ad on the Trade Fair's website. At present I use Quark 15 to build the 5 or 6 images I want to use in the animation (combination of images, type headlines etc.) and then put them together as a simple animated .gif (using third party software). Using Quark 16 should I be able to generate these kind banners of banners and export the finished file as HTML5? (So all done within Quark 16?)
KP

Re: Creating animated HTML5 Banner Ads with Quark 16

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 17 Mar 2016, 06:38

Hi KP,

that's an interesting question. So you want to replace Edge Animate? ;-)

Honestly I haven't tried it, however as you will get the HTML5 locally that could/should work.

Why don't you send me a sample QXP that you created in QX2015 and I send you back the QX2016 HTML5?

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Creating animated HTML5 Banner Ads with Quark 16

Postby KP » 18 Mar 2016, 07:07

Hi Matthias,

These are the links below to the finished animated .gifs (open the links with your web browser to view). As you can see, they are fairly primitive and simple, but my hope is that it may be feasible to produce as HMTL5 with QX16 and have so have many more animation possibilities to play with. If so, there might well be an untapped market segment for Quark to explore!

2394_mFLOR-Banner-300x150px.gif

2394_mFLOR-Banner-300x80px.gif

What's the best way for me to send you the original Quark files for the above, please?

Regards,
KP
KP

Return to HTML5 Publications – from scratch and convert from Print