How to line up Leader lines/dots

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2016 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/

How to line up Leader lines/dots

Postby PrintingServices » 15 Mar 2017, 11:13

Hi there

I have to produce a lot of 'Menu' style artworks, with a short line of text followed by a Tabbed leader line, then a price.
Previously, in Quark 8, I used to type the text (a 'Product description'), then insert a R/L Tab with an underscore as a Leader line, then another Tab (either R/L or R/R) on which a 'price' would align. This gave me a nice, neat end to the Leader line, with them all lining up.

However, I am trying to do the same in Quark 2016, and the Leader lines just will not line up!

I have attached a screen grab to illustrate. I have shown the position of the Tabs, and followed this position down with a pink line so that you can see where the Leaders should line up. You will see that none of the right-hand ends of the Leader lines and dots align!
Tab_Leader_Lines_Problem.png
Tab_Leader_Lines_Problem.png (128.07 KiB) Viewed 142 times

Is there any way for me to get the Leader lines to line up? Am I missing something terribly simple?

Any help or suggestions welcome!

Thanks!
PrintingServices

Re: How to line up Leader lines/dots

Postby MikeWenzloff » 16 Mar 2017, 23:16

Is there any way for me to get the Leader lines to line up? Am I missing something terribly simple?

No, and you're not missing anything or doing anything wrong. It's an acknowledged bug.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Re: How to line up Leader lines/dots

Postby Sirish Nair (Quark) » 18 Mar 2017, 03:22

Hi PrintingServices,

Tab leaders are not aligned from right in case of Left indented tabs. It is a defect in the latest update for QuarkXPress 2016- version 12.2.1.

Until a new update with the fix for the defect is available, you can uninstall the current version update and install the previous version update for QuarkXPress 2016 i.e. 12.2. Tab leaders alignment works fine in version 12.2
Sirish Nair
Senior Technical Lead, Quality Assurance
QUARKXPRESS PUBLISHING R&D (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
A-45, Industrial Area, Phase 8-B, Mohali, Punjab, India Pin: 160059
sinair@quark.com | http://www.quark.com

Sirish Nair (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress 2016: General