High Sierra and Import Dialog Box

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2016 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

High Sierra and Import Dialog Box

Postby tdeprenda0314 » 11 Nov 2017, 16:17

Anyone else having an issue with the import dialog box? Only able to see a third of the window and bottom 2/3 is grayed out. Can't resize art either. Running 10.13.1 and Quark 12.2.3

Thanks in advance.

Tom
tdeprenda0314

Re: High Sierra and Import Dialog Box

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 13 Nov 2017, 03:30

Hi Tom,

please check whether you are really using 12.2.3, as this fixes it.

If you are, please delete preferences and try again. Works now?

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby tdeprenda0314 » 13 Nov 2017, 20:13

Working fine now... I trashed the prefs and reinstalled.

Thank you!

Tom
tdeprenda0314

Postby JohnGregory » 02 Dec 2017, 10:47

Updated to High Sierra 10.13.1 with Security Update. Any attempt to import a PDF through either PDF Importer Pro or directly through Quark cause the app to crash. Can import an rtf file but a docx cause the app to crash. When documents are designated for import Quark says that there are no Quark Documents to open. It does not see the rtf or docx files. Substitution fonts not recognized! Total chaos. Cannot even send a Crash Report.

Have completely uninstalled Quark and reinstalled from DVD updated from Quark Server. Reinstalled XTensions from fresh files not backups. Worked with Senior Support at Apple last night. We wiped the SSD reinstalled High Sierra 10.13.1 from scratch and all of the software again. Does not correct the problems! All caches, prefs, plists, etc. all deleted cannot get QuarkExpress 2016 on my 2017 5K Retina SSD 16 GIG iMac to run after the Security Update. Worked perfectly before the update!

If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Thanks! Have a great weekend! :cry: :cry:
JohnGregory

Postby Creationauts » 04 Dec 2017, 16:39

Hi John,

I have worked out a temporary fix for the PDF Importer pro, I just sent it to your inbox. Let me know if that works for you.

regards

Arnaud from Creationauts
Creationauts

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 05 Dec 2017, 03:37

Thank you, Arnaud!
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:

Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby JohnGregory » 05 Dec 2017, 06:00

I have to tell you I have deleted my Quark 2016 from my drive as of yesterday. Since the Security Update for High Sierra I cannot get my Quark to run, or when it will run, to run correctly. Multiple installs and deletes etc. have been to no avail! I have literally deleted all of the hundreds of pieces that normally get left behind after it is uninstalled. Nothing has worked. Several of my Projects and their copies and backups were corrupted beyond fixing. I had an engineer friend of mine at Apple work with me several hours on Sunday and we simply could not fix it. We reinstalled everything, I mean everything ( System etc.) fresh. Not from a Backup or from my Time Machine. I have put in a couple requests for help at Quark but there has been no response other than being told that I did not qualify for support.

When I can raise the cash…if I ever can I will go for the new Quark. I suspect that a lot of the problems are due to the new macOS and the SSD drive. :( :( :(
JohnGregory

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 05 Dec 2017, 10:11

Hi John,

that's strange, as we have many customers using QuarkXPress 2016 on High Sierra successfully.
Let me know if you want to give it another try please.

Thanks
Matthias

Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby JohnGregory » 05 Dec 2017, 14:17

Hi Matthias,

I just went through the whole reinstall process. I even deleted Font Explorer X from my drive. All of my fonts are controlled by FontBook alone. I also deleted Drive Genius 5.1 which has been causing problems. I have turned off every extension in my browser as a friend suggested...I know that has no affect on anything related to this! I have reinstalled all of the fonts all over again and verified each one, one at a time. Zero has changed from my previous note.

As far as High Sierra goes I was one of the original beta testers and I never had these problems prior to the Security Update. As I said before, the entire SSD was wiped and all was reinstalled from originals...no backups or Time Machine etc. My SSD has checked out as in perfect condition. I deleted every cache prior to the reinstall as well as every piece of the previous install. There are no viruses, malware etc. There is no RAM problem.

I am not a newbie with the Mac OS...but I have got to tell you I am totally baffled. If you have any ideas I would love to try them. Yes, I am also using the latest version of Quark 2016 possible.
JohnGregory

Return to QuarkXPress 2016: General