Find Change Feature

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2016 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Find Change Feature

Postby debrabb » 28 Mar 2017, 13:05

I recently upgraded to Sierra on my Mac and to Quark 2016. Now when I try to "find" double spaces between sentences in the very long documents I prepare so that I can "change" them to single spaces, the find /change feature does not locate them. I see them in my document, but the find/change feature doesn't recognize them. As a test, I tried to use find/change to locate single spaces in my document but it doesn't recognize them either. I am, however, able to find words that I want to change. With Quark 10, I was able to use find/change to correct the double spaces, which I really need to still do.
debrabb

Re: Find Change Feature

Postby jgold723 » 15 Jun 2017, 09:53

I'm having the same problem. I used to be able to search for double spaces and replace with single, but that no longer works. It seems that when I enter a double space in the search box, it actually makes it a triple space (based on the change in shading in the box), but I'm not certain. At any rate it isn't working.

FWIW, I'm on a Mac running Yosemite. The change seemed to have happend with the upgrade to QX2016 for me.

How can we fix this?

John
jgold723

Postby MikeWenzloff » 15 Jun 2017, 10:29

It is possible that there is still a space in the Find box. Clear anything in that box, then type the two spaces. In the Replace box, make sure it too is cleared and type a single space in it.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby w0rx » 08 Sep 2017, 10:58

Not sure if you've found a fix, but I'm experiencing a similar issue too. Find/change will search and find double word spaces, but it won't change them to single word spaces. This is particularly odd, because I have a sister machine that is identical in spec Mac OS/QXP2016 version etc – and it works correctly on this machine.

It would be interesting to know if you've managed to solve this one?

Roy
w0rx

Return to QuarkXPress 2016: General