Why can't I create this style?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2016 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Why can't I create this style?

Postby cchris » 25 Apr 2017, 13:54

In previous versions of Quark, I could create a paragraph style that was a variant on one that already existed by selecting text in the text block; opening Edit > Style Sheets; and creating a new style. Quark would create a new style based on the text selected in the text block.

Now Quark doesn't seem to recognize the style specs that I've got selected, so it won't let me create the new style. Is there a way to get this done?
cchris

Re: Why can't I create this style?

Postby MikeWenzloff » 26 Apr 2017, 07:50

Not at a computer yet this morning, but I have not tried going the route (the Edit menu...) you are. I just make sure the text tool is in a paragraph I desire to duplicate the style of, then I use the Copy button at the top of the paragraph style panel.

I'll try later this morning going the route you are and see if I have issues.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 26 Apr 2017, 08:13

Hi Chris,

I never tried the "Edit Menu" path before either, as using the Style Sheets palette is much quicker.

Just tried it in QuarkXPress 2016-12.2.1 on MacOS and it works for me (either way).

What version of QuarkXPress and which OS are you using please?

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby cchris » 26 Apr 2017, 14:51

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using version 12.2.1.

When I try creating the style, I select the desired text (a bulleted list in this case). then go to Edit > Style Sheets. The Style Sheets dialog box appears as expected. I then select New > Paragraph; type the new style name, and then click OK.

But the OK button ignores the click so the style can't be created.

Weird, huh?
cchris

Return to QuarkXPress 2016: General