Zoom using scroll wheel (Mac, QX 2016)

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2016 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Zoom using scroll wheel (Mac, QX 2016)

Postby drichter17 » 09 May 2017, 11:04

I've been using QuarkXpress on Windows for over a decade now, but have recently changed jobs and am now using QuarkXpress (2016) on Mac (El Capitan - v10.11.6) and I can't figure out how to zoom in/out using the scroll wheel on the mouse. No key combos seem to affect the action of the scroll wheel other than Shift+Scroll, which just changes scrolling from vertical to horizontal. Control+Shift changes the cursor to the magnifying glass icon, which *seems* like it should allow you to zoom in/out, but the scroll wheel just scrolls horizontally instead (as if pressing Shift+Scroll).

Using Command + Plus/Minus to zoom in/out is extremely inefficient - I can't imagine this option wouldn't be included on Mac... I can only assume there's some setting I need to change, but I can't find any documentation online, or on this site (I've seen a few similar questions about older versions, but no actual solutions that work).
drichter17

Return to QuarkXPress 2016: General