Problem with dropshadows in 2016

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2016 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Problem with dropshadows in 2016

Postby Wim » 19 May 2017, 10:10

Hello,

When making a high res PDF of a document with dropshadows in QXP 2016, the result is a PDF wich can't be certified by Enfocus Connect or in Acrobat Pro.

The errors are about ... x transparancy problems and something about 1-bit images of 550 dpi, although in Options I choose for output on the highest level.

Printing directly to Enfocus Connect results in no errors but warnings about the same problems.

Even documents that are problemless certified in an older QXP versions, don't pass the check,

Anybody a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Wim
Wim

Re: Problem with dropshadows in 2016

Postby MikeWenzloff » 19 May 2017, 12:32

In the settings for the pdf profile, and if you are not restricted to a PDF/X-1 or -3 workflow, try changing to Native Transparency.

But one could try altering some of the other settings are regards bitmap resolution, etc., in the PDF settings as well.
MikeWenzloff

Postby Wim » 20 May 2017, 04:39

We have to use PDF/X-workflow. And that setting (Native) causes that shadows transform to solid black frames...

Alas, not the solution, but thanks for responding.
Wim

Postby MikeWenzloff » 20 May 2017, 12:54

Well, PDF/X-4 uses native transparency, but I think you mean PDF/X-1a or PDF/X-3 I suppose...

What Preflight profile are you using in Acrobat that throws the error(s)? Try as I might, I cannot get one to not pass the in-built profiles. Can you supply a sample document with any linked images in a ZIP? If larger than the forum allows (it's not big) you would need to upload to your server, dropbox or the like and supply a download link.

Thanks, Mike
MikeWenzloff

Return to QuarkXPress 2016: General