Quark 2016 Crashes instantly at startup

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2016 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Quark 2016 Crashes instantly at startup

Postby Tomhannes » 06 Jan 2018, 11:58

I have two iMac that are almost identical - I just upgraded each to OS High Sierra. On my one mac, Quark 2016 opens with out issue. But on my other one I crashes almost instantly after launch.

I discovered it will work if I boot in safe mode - or a different user - so it must be a conflict with something else on my system. I tried deleting all the pref files and reinstalling several times. Nothing works.

Does ANYONE know of any known conflicts that might cause this? I run all regular Graphic Design software (adobe suite, Suitcase, etc.)
Tomhannes

Re: Quark 2016 Crashes instantly at startup

Postby MikeWenzloff » 06 Jan 2018, 14:10

Is the one with issues fully upgraded? (Or both of them for that matter.) That's been the only issue I know of for the Mac on HS.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6651

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby Tomhannes » 06 Jan 2018, 18:38

Yes! I talked to Quark and it was updated to the latest version prior to upgrading the OS (which is now also the latest update). It’s very strange and shouldn’t be doing what it is doing. The only difference between the two iMacs is the one where Quark 2016 isn’t working is a fusion drive, but I don’t see how that should make a difference.
Tomhannes

Postby Tomhannes » 10 Jan 2018, 13:00

Actually, I talked to Quark again and they said that it might be my font management software (Extensis Fusion 8) that is conflicting.

I uninstalled Suitcase Fusions - and Quark 2016 opened without issue. However, once I reinstall it again Quark stops working. This is really weird because I have both running fine together on my 'home' computer - so why won't they at my office?

I then tried uninstalling Quark (2016 and older) completely from my system - and uninstalling Suitcase Fusion completely from my systems and reinstalling clean. Quark installed and worked. But once I installed Fusion again it makes Quark crash. Extensis tells me they have no idea why this is happening. Quark tells me its Extensis' issue.

I'm stuck. Has anyone seen this??
Tomhannes

Return to QuarkXPress 2016: General