corel draw and quarkxpress2017

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2017 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/

corel draw and quarkxpress2017

Postby voulastaur » 07 Dec 2017, 04:10

Hello guys,
Can you solve me some questions. In my new job i work with corel and photoshop and now for a newspaper project i make it at QX17. As i see it can open pdf files and with convert to native it can be edited and the text and the curves. With pdf from corel this is not happening, yes i can convert the image but with text i cant do something, just move it is in a box like outline but neither with curves can't do something. They are like seperate images all the boxes that created after convert.
Another issue how i save from corel to open as picture in qx177? if i save *eps wherever i use drop shadow in corel, at qx17 shows up with lines, and if i have made 2 pages at corel they saved and the 2 of them.
So I input only pdf to qx17 from corel?
With that option i made a big file in qx17? and in a page of news paper maybe i use a lot of picture that i can input them from A4 the original size to A6. the picture size reduced when i make it smaller at qx17?? or at finally i export a pdf page 1gb :D :D :D
That small problem i have to issue before i start my newspaprer, and many others that appeared in the work

Thank you a lot
voulastaur

Re: corel draw and quarkxpress2017

Postby max.peter » 07 Dec 2017, 05:25

You can try other file formats for saving/exporting from CorelDraw: tiff. jpeg, png. All of these can be handled by QXP.
For text you can try also to copy from CorelDraw, then to paste as native objects in QXP.
If you want to export as eps from CorelDraw, use the transparency option in Export dialog box, then you can add drop shadows directly in QXP.
Related to the QXP's file size: QXP does not store the images in the structure of the file, but keeps a link to the locations of the inserted pictures on your HDD, so the file size is not big. As I can remember, CorelDraw has also the option to add a link to an image when importing it.
Every day is a good day to learn something new.
max.peter

Postby voulastaur » 07 Dec 2017, 09:03

thanks a lot for your answer. So for the file sizes, when i export from qx17 to pdf and have used big images files with big dimension and at quark i reduse the dimensions, at the export pdf files the final size is has to be wit h the big import image to quark or with the small dimensions i give at quark. i you can understand what i say
voulastaur

Postby max.peter » 07 Dec 2017, 10:35

QXP does export to PDF with the images you imported. If these images have big sizes, the final PDF will have a bigger size as well.
The imported images in QXP are not modified and do not exist two versions of each image, one small and one big, but a single version.

The size of the exported PDF from QXP depends also on options and standards you have set in the Export dialog box. For high quality the resulting PDF file is bigger than the file created with low quality option.

I hope understood well your questions. If not, please let me know.
Every day is a good day to learn something new.
max.peter

Postby Jiri Melnicky » 07 Dec 2017, 10:59

You still have the option of converting a PDF in photoshop to 600 DPI, merge layers, save as a TIFF LZW (lossless compression) bitmap, and import into QuarkXPress. I guarantee 100% success. When creating a PDF from Quark, enter 600 DPI resolution. The result will be sharp even on high quality paper.
Eizo SX2461W, Dell XPS 8500 - Intel Core i7-3770, 12 GB RAM, Win8, QXP3.1–QXP2016
Jiri Melnicky

Postby A Palaniappan (Quark) » 08 Dec 2017, 04:58

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Quark and sharing the feedback.

The drop shadow created by Corel Draw is written like patterns in PDF and it can be observed when you open in Illustrator.

For other convert to native issue it seems the images and the texts were flattened due to which it is not converting.

Kindly try with different compression methods and resolution as suggested by jiri.

If you have any file specific issue, kindly mail to apalaniappan@quark.com with the issue description to analyze the issue.

Thanks
A. Palaniappan
A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress 2017: General