Saving a book and selecting chapters to export to PDF

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2017 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/

Saving a book and selecting chapters to export to PDF

Postby LyleM » 14 Sep 2017, 22:36

Two questions about the Books dialog box.

1 ) Is there a way to force QuarkXPress to save the selections in Book? I removed a chapter and replaced it with a different chapter. Now when I first open the book file, the chapter that I added to replace the one deleted is out of order and I have to move it to its proper place before trying to print. It doesn't seem like Quark realizes a change has been made and doesn't save the final configuration. "Save" doesn't seem to always work with Books?

2 ) When you are printing a book, you cannot click on any chapter that's included in the Book list. Quark will only export the selected chapter. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be any way to unselect a chapter beyond closing the Book dialog box and reopening it. Clicking outside the list doesn't seem to work. For Book to work properly, you have to close and reopen it to clear any selection of a chapter(s).
LyleM

Return to QuarkXPress 2017: General