Problems with PDFs

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2017 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/

Problems with PDFs

Postby PetarMakedonecot » 05 Nov 2017, 06:31

Hi,
I encountered some problems with PDFs I am working on. I would like to send to you some screenshots and PDF file but they are big for an attachment so please provide me an e-mail where I can send them.

Beside that I would like to make some suggestions about this matter:
1. On the 1st page of the PDF you can see some grey and black lines that are used as Rules Above and Bellow. But Quark converts them as rectangles instead as lines with different width. I think it is much better if they were lines.
2. At the 3rd column on page 1 of the PDF file you can see text boxes with headers: WARNING, CAUTION and NOTICE. But text boxes are created of separated lines. My opinion is that it will be much better if they were converted into tables. That way dealing with text inside, will be much easier and faster.
3. I suppose you have Affinity products. If so, please open the PDF in Designer and see how they deal with text (suggestions 1 and 2 could reffer to them, too). They open complete PDF at once and automatically convert it as native objects.
Petar Petrenko
Typesetter - Graphic Designer - Photographer - DTP Trainer
Skopje, Makedonija
PetarMakedonecot

Re: Problems with PDFs

Postby PetarMakedonecot » 05 Nov 2017, 07:21

Continued:
4. You can automatically create and assign character styles to Bold, Italic... text.
Petar Petrenko
Typesetter - Graphic Designer - Photographer - DTP Trainer
Skopje, Makedonija
PetarMakedonecot

Return to QuarkXPress 2017: General