Image scaling Bug?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2017 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered:

Image scaling Bug?

Postby chrisnz_nz » 08 Dec 2017, 22:11

Hi all,

Just been battling another issue here in QXP 2017 (13.1.1) on Mac OSX 10.12.6 on Mac Pro. When i have a large image in a small picture box and the file is scaled to a very small percentage (something like 3-5%), I can't scale the image with the pointer. I can only use the tool palette with the percentage. Once I scale the image up a bit, I can start using the pointer again. If I scale that image back down to a similar size, the ability to select the image and scale it disappears again. Could someone else try this on a Mac and report back please so i can figure out if this is a local issue, thanks!

(Edited to add more clarity)

Just found that it seems the threshold for this seems 5% size. When i have a bunch of images smaller than 5% they have the issue, and a few of the big bunch of images are already at 7%+, those at slightly bigger scale don't exhibit the issue of not being able to select and scale the picture in the box.

Return to QuarkXPress 2017: General