How reset interface to factory default

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2017 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

How reset interface to factory default

Postby quark.usr » 27 Feb 2018, 08:53

I am new user of Quark. I try change inteface to make it more comfortable, but I make mistake and hide part of inteface. I try reinstall Quark, but I still missing some options. How then reset this version of Quark to factory default?

I espacialy want to show part of interface where is X/Y position, text adjustment, font size, tabs with another options (after install I get in on the bottom). I'm Window 7 user.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. I try clean cache, click on all available option in Windows menu. I'm stucking here.

Thank you!
quark.usr

Re: How reset inteface to factory default

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 27 Feb 2018, 09:32

Hi usr,

all palettes (windows) can be shown and hidden under the "Window" menu.

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: How reset interface to factory default

Postby quark.usr » 01 Mar 2018, 15:15

Hi Matthias,

you have right. I found it! After reading forums I found new feature to import Indesing file. So I have another question. I updated Quark with patch to 13.2.1 (29267) version. My question is about options in menu File > New:

I use Windows version and I have only options: Project, Project from ticket, Library. Missing is Book and Project from IDML. What should I change in my configuration to view all available option here?
quark.usr

Re: How reset interface to factory default

Postby quark.usr » 02 Mar 2018, 02:45

I found solution. In my case it was bug. When I update older installation with January update patch it is not fully working. I reinstalled application and use the newest instalator. It's working very well as I firstly expected. I have all option and some features start working. It was strange, but I can insert and use any option with table. After reinstall all is fixed.

Thank you for your time.
quark.usr

Return to QuarkXPress 2017: General