pdf missing text on some pages

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2017 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

pdf missing text on some pages

Postby MarkyBoy » 03 May 2018, 10:26

Hi, I have an issue with QXP2017 using the 'Press' default to export to a print pdf.

On some pages some of the text is missing, or rather it is there but it is white text and not black!

However... This issue only happens when I export the whole document as one file, if I output the pdf as individual pages everything is correct.

What is happening here? Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark
MarkyBoy

Re: pdf missing text on some pages

Postby MikeWenzloff » 03 May 2018, 14:51

Never seen (or read about) that before, Mark. I wouldn't even begin to know what to suggest as a result.

Is it possible to privately share the document? If so, you would need to upload to dropbox or the like and PM me a download link.

Take care, Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby MarkyBoy » 04 May 2018, 04:55

I have discovered that it appears to happen more on items that are grouped together, so if some text boxes are part of a group the black text comes out white.
MarkyBoy

Postby MikeWenzloff » 04 May 2018, 10:06

I could try to replicate this if you would like...but it may not go bad on me and we'd be in the same spot of "I dunno."
MikeWenzloff

Postby UtahLlama » 08 May 2018, 14:08

I have seen similar many years ago, its a total PITA to troubleshoot. It may be worth tying to Append the file into a new project?
PDFs are built a bit like a filing cabinet, maybe some of the group is being put into the wrong compartment?
Another thing to look at is that your Blacks and Whites are not mixed RGB and CMYK, if something is incorrectly converted it could switch Black to White or opposite.
UtahLlama

Postby A Palaniappan (Quark) » 08 May 2018, 22:38

Hi Mark and Utah,

Kindly send the project with CFO and with the outputted PDF to apalaniappan@quark.com to analyze.

Thanks
A. Palaniappan
A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress 2017: General