Javascript folder

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/

Javascript folder

Postby jcsiegrist » 12 May 2018, 10:09

Hi,
Where are or where to store new javascript files?
Thanks. Best regards. Jean-Claude
jcsiegrist

Re: Javascript folder

Postby iresh » 13 May 2018, 13:46

Click the + icon in the JavaScript palette to create a new JavaScript file. Once you see the new file listed in the palette, right click the file and select Open File Location. On the Mac this should take you to [userhome]/Documents/Quark/QuarkXPress 2018/js. Any folders or files that you create in this folder will show up in the palette.
iresh

Postby Jiri Melnicky » 13 May 2018, 13:48

JavaScript palette - "Samples" folder - select script - Right mouse button "Copy". Select "Home" - Right mouse button "Paste". Script is now copied in the "Home" folder. Right mouse button "Open File Location". For scripts in "Samples" folders, this offer is unfortunately inactive.
Eizo SX2461W, Dell XPS 8500 - Intel Core i7-3770, 12 GB RAM, Win 8.1, QXP3.1–QXP2018 (Czech version)
Jiri Melnicky

Postby jcsiegrist » 13 May 2018, 16:18

Thank you Jim, thank you Iresh,
I made transformations in the «FindChangeByList» javascript file (jsx) and its text file bundled by default with InDesign, for typographic corrections according French rules. Is it possible to adapt it according to the javascript rules used by Quark?
jcsiegrist

Postby Sarbjit Singh » 14 May 2018, 01:12

As I understand, you wish to create a script for multiple Find/Change operations.

You may create a CSV file (plain text comma separated values), for pairs of "search" and "replace" values. You may then adapt the script to read all the pairs from the CSV file and replace them one by one. You may read the "Mail Merge" script to find out how to read a CSV file.

Let me know if you need more specific help in achieving this.
Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress 2018: General