Lack of ability to create lists of a book

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/

Lack of ability to create lists of a book

Postby Oldenfelde » 19 May 2018, 11:05

I have created a book and could also create the table of contents for all chapters. Three or four starts later, QXP only gives me the option to create a list for the current layout. What am I doing wrong? That was already in the 2017 version. It was possible, sometimes not.
Windows 10 Pro | ASUS Prime Z270-P with Intel i7-7700K (Quadcore) Kabylake | 16 GB RAM | ASUS Dual GTX1060 Nvidia Geforce Graphic Card | QXP 2018
Project: Book 464 pages in 30 projects (chapters)
Oldenfelde

Re: Lack of ability to create lists of a book

Postby A Palaniappan (Quark) » 20 May 2018, 03:54

Kindly synchronize your added chapters and ensure proper list has been created in all/required chapters. If you have any doubts how to work on Books, try with Martin Turner QXP 2017 Book or other online videos/manuals/QXP help.
A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Lack of ability to create lists of a book

Postby Oldenfelde » 20 May 2018, 06:04

A Palaniappan (Quark) wrote:Kindly synchronize your added chapters and ensure proper list has been created in all/required chapters. If you have any doubts how to work on Books, try with Martin Turner QXP 2017 Book or other online videos/manuals/QXP help.

Thank you for quick answer, but the problem is not solved after synchronizing all again.

I´m wondering, because it was possible to create content list of all chapters for several times and then, after making only some small text corrections there is no possibility, to choose the book for making list. I only can choose actual layout.

I know, how to solve this problem, because I found out before in QXO 2017 already. I have to make a new book and include all chapters with other names. Then it works for some time. But this can´t be the solution for ever,because it is a lot of work.

Another possibility to show list for "book" is, to open one chapter. Then I can create a content list for book and must copy it to the content chapter. But this works only sometimes, not stable. Just now, QXP crashed down by doing this.
Windows 10 Pro | ASUS Prime Z270-P with Intel i7-7700K (Quadcore) Kabylake | 16 GB RAM | ASUS Dual GTX1060 Nvidia Geforce Graphic Card | QXP 2018
Project: Book 464 pages in 30 projects (chapters)
Oldenfelde

Return to QuarkXPress 2018: General