New OSX Yosemite update

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.

New OSX Yosemite update

Postby printerguy402 » 04 Aug 2014, 21:05

Will Quark 9 & 10 be ready for the new Mac OSX Yosemite operating system coming in about a month?

Re: New OSX Yosemite update

Postby omegaman » 05 Aug 2014, 00:27

Don't rush to upgrade to Yosemite until it is. And if you do, make sure you clone your current operating system in case you need to roll back.
27 inch iMac / Intel Core i5 / 2.66 GHz / 16 GB Memory / System: Yosemite 10.10.5 – PRINCIPAL DESIGN SOFTWARE: QuarkXpress 9 and 2015 / Affinity Designer / Affinity Photo / Acorn / Pinegrow Web Designer

Re: New OSX Yosemite update

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 11 Aug 2014, 03:33

Hi printerguy,

On Aug 05, 2014, printerguy402 wrote:…OS X Yosemite operating system coming in about a month?

You must more than us, as the official statement of Apple is "this fall". Last year Apple released the new OS X (Mavericks) in October.

About QuarkXPress supporting Yosemite, I wrote about it here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4608

And I can only second what omegaman wrote, please be aware that with Mavericks Apple changed things the last week before releasing it, so it is a big unknown whether any software can support Yosemite the minute it is released.

Of course our intention is to make QuarkXPress 10 Yosemite-compatible as soon as possible and the first fixes have already been incorporated into version 10.2.

And please make sure to do this, it is your insurance: ... roduction/

Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:

Matthias Guenther (Quark)

Return to Sofa Threads