XPress Tags

Want to improve the Quark XPerience? Drop your suggestion(s) here, including feature wishes for future versions of QuarkXPress.

XPress Tags

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 05 May 2015, 06:42

Hi all,

we are currently looking at how to improve XPress Tags, so the tagging language you can use to import or export text with styles and special characters.

If you use them regularly, please send me an email or private message, I would love to talk to you and understand your workflow.

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: XPress Tags

Postby PetarMakedonecot » 12 May 2015, 02:55

Years ago when I had typist that was not skilled to use styles and spec chars, tagging language was extremely useful.
But, nowadays, I think it would be much better if you make text only text processor as separate app based on QXP that will deal only with para/char styles, spec chars and tables with table styles too. No pictures, no vectors, just simple text. And no need of compatibility with any other text processor. It would be enough if it accepts RTF files only.
Everyone who uses QXP, or types text that will be used strictly in QXP, will be much obliged to have such text processor. This way, there will be no compatibility issues and no headaches when it comes to entering text.
Petar Petrenko
Typesetter - Graphic Designer - Photographer - DTP Trainer
Skopje, Makedonija
PetarMakedonecot

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 12 May 2015, 03:02

Hi Petar,

do you know QuarkCopyDesk? It sounds exactly as what you are looking for.

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby PetarMakedonecot » 12 May 2015, 03:28

Thank you Matthias, I haven't seen it before. I will take a look.
BTW, I downloaded and tried to install the 3 days trial version but my computer get blocked during the instalation. When I tried again QXP told me that I can not reinstall it again. Any workout?
Thank you in advance.
Petar Petrenko
Typesetter - Graphic Designer - Photographer - DTP Trainer
Skopje, Makedonija
PetarMakedonecot

Postby markus_from_germany » 03 Jun 2015, 14:31

i am very happy to read that you want to improve the xpress tags, because at this moment we work at a new web portal for our magazine and our intention is it, to get the articels that the visitors give into the portal can be importet preformatted into our quark layout for the printed magazine .. sorry for my english and i didnt find the way for the private message or mail, but maybe you can mail me - i prefer in german ;-)
markus_from_germany

Postby franz.wohlkoenig » 03 Jun 2015, 14:48

Hi,

i support Markus to make an easy Transfer from XTags (or other exported Text) with Formatting to HTML. Example: Change Paragraph-Style "Subhead" to <p class="h3.subhead"> etc.

Regards
27" iMac • 3,1 GHz Intel Core i5 • 12 GB Memory • System: 10.10.5
XPress since 3.1, actual 2015
franz.wohlkoenig

Postby beat » 16 Oct 2015, 10:03

Hello
XTags are one of the great features in QuarkXPress. I'm using them every day, streamlining my texts in Word with macros.
Then almost no formating is necessary in QXP. Another great help is AppleScript. I wish AppleScript support could be improved in QXP.

Regards,
Beat
beat

Return to Suggestion Box