Folder organization in Pallets

Want to improve the Quark XPerience? Drop your suggestion(s) here, including feature wishes for future versions of QuarkXPress.

Folder organization in Pallets

Postby bluegreen » 21 May 2015, 13:46

I know that I have seen this mentioned before, but I'll echo it again: it would be really great to have the ability to create folders in the pallets (Stylesheets, colors, content, layers, etc.) For those of us that use these things heavily, it would be a god-send to be able to structure all those stylesheets and get the ones we are not currently using out of the way. I'll also second the concept of left and right paragraph rules: great idea!
bluegreen

Re: Folder organization in Pallets

Postby franz.wohlkoenig » 21 May 2015, 13:51

Hi,

i'm on beginnen on working with QXP2015 and first i also want Folders for Organization ie. StyleSheet. But "Search" in Palette maybe a new Way to Organization. I will play around how to Name StyleSheets if its not a smarter Way than Folders.

Regards
27" iMac • 3,1 GHz Intel Core i5 • 12 GB Memory • System: 10.10.5
XPress since 3.1, actual 2015
franz.wohlkoenig

Postby omegaman » 21 May 2015, 20:25

An organisational item like folders or sub layers would be a great idea for both Paragraph Styles and Character styles. Lets not stop there and have a sublayer/ group layer for the Layers Palette as well.
27 inch iMac / Intel Core i5 / 2.66 GHz / 16 GB Memory / System: Yosemite 10.10.5 – PRINCIPAL DESIGN SOFTWARE: QuarkXpress 9 and 2015 / Affinity Designer / Affinity Photo / Acorn / Pinegrow Web Designer
http://www.e-assistance.com.au
omegaman

Postby Sirish Nair (Quark) » 26 May 2015, 06:07

bluegreen wrote:I know that I have seen this mentioned before, but I'll echo it again: it would be really great to have the ability to create folders in the pallets (Stylesheets, colors, content, layers, etc.) For those of us that use these things heavily, it would be a god-send to be able to structure all those stylesheets and get the ones we are not currently using out of the way. I'll also second the concept of left and right paragraph rules: great idea!

Hi blue green,

In case you wish to have the folder structure in style sheets palette for just hiding the style sheets which are not in use; we could have options in style sheet palette context menu like 'Style sheets in Use' , 'Style sheets not in use' -similar to Stylesheets NEDD and use them to hide show the style sheets.

Do you see any other use case for having folder structure in style sheets?
Sirish Nair
Senior Technical Lead, Quality Assurance
QUARKXPRESS PUBLISHING R&D (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
A-45, Industrial Area, Phase 8-B, Mohali, Punjab, India Pin: 160059
sinair@quark.com | http://www.quark.com

Sirish Nair (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby Sirish Nair (Quark) » 26 May 2015, 06:27

omegaman wrote:
bluegreen wrote:

Hi Peter,

Does any application have such kind of folder organization in palettes?
Also provide some illustration as how you wish the palettes to look with folder structure.
Sirish Nair
Senior Technical Lead, Quality Assurance
QUARKXPRESS PUBLISHING R&D (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
A-45, Industrial Area, Phase 8-B, Mohali, Punjab, India Pin: 160059
sinair@quark.com | http://www.quark.com

Sirish Nair (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to Suggestion Box