Building the wishlist

Want to improve the Quark XPerience? Drop your suggestion(s) here, including feature wishes for future versions of QuarkXPress.

Building the wishlist

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 01 Jul 2016, 01:50

Hi all,

we are currently building the wishlist for future versions of QuarkXPress.

If you would like to see a feature, please participate:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxp ... 106118504/

Of course you can also comment to this post.

And we of course also added everything that we heard via Tech Support, emails or phone calls to us, in forums here, in industry forums, basically everywhere where you voiced your wishes and where we noticed them. So just to make sure that we didn't miss your comment you made somewhere, please participate in the discussion on Facebook or here.

And please understand that I won't reply to suggestions, as every wish you do is important for your workflow and therefore will be considered. The priority for our development will be then set by you all, once you have ranked the wishlist.

Thanks
Matthias

P.S.: This is just wishlist building, something that we had done in the past and asked you to rank it in 2014. We used the result of the ranking as our base for building QuarkXPress 2015 and 2016. For example, PDF/X-4, larger page size, footnotes, multi-color gradients and color picker were some of the TOP 20 ranked features in 2014. However, there's currently no new major version on the horizon, so questions to "when will we have that" will remain unanswered for now ;-)
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Building the wishlist

Postby ben nevis » 07 Aug 2016, 19:14

Sorry I don't use Facebook, so am asking here...

Please offer a 'Fill Frame Proportionally' option as discussed in the Suggestion Box topic of that name which I first made a year ago. See also my response to that topic earlier today.

Thanks.
ben nevis

Postby fvdgeest-dtp » 14 Aug 2016, 10:20

Yes, a Fill Frame Proportionally is a very missed feature.

As is, of course, the GREP search and GREP styles. If you don't want to call it GREP (i understand) why not call it 'Wildcards' and Wildcard search etc..
fvdgeest-dtp

Postby tilmanlo » 17 Aug 2016, 09:52

- More information in usage-palette: effective resolution, scaling, colorspace

- Better page layout palette (colored icons, scalable)

- undo for pageoperations

- different pages sizes in one layout

- remember palette size- and positions

- tooltips including shortcuts in measure palette

- picturename in measure palette (there is so much wasted space on the right side)

- information on mouse over (picturename, resolution, position?)

- possibility to hide quark while writing pdfs
tilmanlo

Postby tilmanlo » 17 Aug 2016, 09:53

- bringing color dag'n'drop back
tilmanlo

Postby jgold723 » 17 Aug 2016, 11:26

The ability to link specific libraries to a project!
jgold723

Postby tilmanlo » 23 Aug 2016, 11:23

– "scale objects" ist really a great and underestimated feature. I gave it a shortcut and I'm using it very often. Would like to set "unit" as standard (now it's "percentage")
tilmanlo

Postby tilmanlo » 02 Sep 2016, 05:52

Overprinting-preview (Überdrucken-Vorschau) would be very helpful in our more and more complex layouts!
tilmanlo

Postby Wörn » 04 Sep 2016, 08:23

I would like a (kind of) intelligent text import feature via clipboard where I could define which glyphs are to be replaced. For instance my clients' texts never have the kind of quotation marks I use in my projects (chevrons). They have excess space and tabs which need to be replaced by only one (or none at the beginning of paragraphs). When I need to import from PDF it would be a dream if all carriage returns could be deleted automatically.
This feature would really take a lot of pain and would improve consistency.
Regards Wörn
Wörn

Postby Wörn » 04 Sep 2016, 08:42

Some improvements in using Open Type:
I'm quite shocked that there is no proper way of accessing the Open Type tags "init" and "fina" where starting and final glyphs in a word are defined. I can get them only through the glyphs palette which is of course error-prone. This is a real bummer for an application that exists for ages!
Apart from that it would be quite helpful if I could see which glyphs are in style set 1, 2 and so forth (at least a few of them).
And why not implement the "rand" feature? Some fonts have this randomizer-feature implemented it but no application I know really uses it.

best regards
Wörn
Wörn

Next

Return to Suggestion Box