HTML5 audio and video object insertion

Discuss the HTML4 features and Web layout provided in QuarkXPress 8 and 9 (and before).

If you are interested in HTML5 publishing, then please visit the section about Digital Publishing and look at HTML5-based apps or HTML5 Publications.

HTML5 audio and video object insertion

Postby PoaStell » 18 Oct 2014, 15:28

I have used quark since Q5 but am new to using it for web pages. I need to include a series of audio files and web files in Q9.5 web pages with controls. I can add them as code to the exported html but this is clumsy. What is the the sequence for adding audio or video objects to web layouts? I have failed to discover it. The HTML5 palette identifies the file but I can't see how to get it to put the objectcode into the quark web layout. Can anyone help with the sequence and anything I might need to know about its output?
PoaStell

Re: HTML5 audio and video object insertion

Postby shaharaperil » 22 Oct 2014, 14:41

You can't import the video directly into a Quark HMTL layout. The best thing I have found to do is to leave a box in the space where you want the video and use an HTML editor to add the video into the exported HTML file. I will sometimes put "video1" into the box in Quark, so that it's easier to find the location where I need to add the code in the HTML editor.
shaharaperil

Return to QuarkXPress 8 & 9: Web authoring (HTML4) - discontinued