Is there any way to create hidden pages without using pop-up

Discuss all aspects of the HTML5-based native apps: From content design and enrichment in InDesign CS5.x, CS6 & CC and/or QuarkXPress 9.5, 10, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 to creating your app, submitting it and publishing it to Android tablet, Android phone, iPad, iPhone and Web Apps. Free Trial can be found here: http://AppStudio.net

Also discuss the FREE (as in: "no additional costs") single app export from QuarkXPress here.
Costa Leto

Post by Costa Leto » 02 Dec 2012, 07:08

I have the question:I am creating a stand-alone app using a new AppStudio -is it possible to turn off the preview pages at the viewer (the small pages preview).The whole idea is that the app should look like a real native app, rather than the magazine way.Thus, is it possible to turn off swipe page navigation as well?The idea is to create hidden pages which can be reached by tapping the buttons ONLY.Thank you!

thatkeith

Post by thatkeith » 02 Dec 2012, 09:51

This is an interesting question.
I think that turning off the thumbnail page viewer navigation thing (whatever it's called) could be a bit of a problem from a user-focused point of view. Some people use that to get an understanding of where they are in a digital magazine. This kind of thing is automatic in print; we can tell roughly where we are very easily. In digital publications this isn't so simple.
But from a magazine designer viewpoint I can definitely see the attraction of controlling the thumbnail display. Showing only selected pages (for example the opening page of a feature but not the final pages) could be pretty interesting. And for some things being able to disable the thumbnail overview would definitely help to present a more app-like design.
If I remember right there was (is) a way to customise this part of things with the previous AVE-based App Studio output, but I don't know of any similar solution for the next-generation HTML5-based App Studio process. Sorry, no answers. But it did get me thinking.
Keith

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 03 Dec 2012, 22:40

Hi Costa,
through a custom app that we do for you this is definitely possible. In the standard package popups or layout slideshows are the two ways I could think of.Both wouldn't show in the page naviagtor, as they are not real pages then.
Regards
Matthias

Costa Leto

Post by Costa Leto » 09 Dec 2012, 03:19

Hi Matthias,Where can I get pricing for a custom app creation?Thank you.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 09 Dec 2012, 22:14

Hi Costa,
send me an email and I connect you to our professional services team. If you already have requirements, please also send them along.
Thanks
Matthias

Return to “Design and Publish Native Apps using QuarkXPress or App Studio (with InDesign/QuarkXPress)”