Previewing and testing problems

Discuss all aspects of the HTML5-based native apps: From content design and enrichment in InDesign CS5.x, CS6 & CC and/or QuarkXPress 9.5, 10, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 to creating your app, submitting it and publishing it to Android tablet, Android phone, iPad, iPhone and Web Apps. Free Trial can be found here: http://AppStudio.net

Also discuss the FREE (as in: "no additional costs") single app export from QuarkXPress here.
thatkeith

Post by thatkeith » 02 Dec 2012, 04:35

I'm able to preview my experiment pages in the App Studio portal, but I can't see how to switch between different layout types. I started off viewing the iPad layouts (horizontal and vertical), then added content to an iPhone layout, uploaded that, and went to view it. I was able to preview that, but I can't see how I am supposed to select WHICH layout to test! I can't get back to the iPad pages.
Additionally, I can't test my content in the App Studio app on my iPad. I have clicked the 'Test' button in the App Studio web portal, and I've logged into the same account in the iPad app. I see the title of my content when I tap the Change Publication button, and I've made sure I try the one marked "(Test)". But nothing shows up. Teething problems? Something I need to do at my end? :-(

thatkeith

Post by thatkeith » 02 Dec 2012, 06:23

Hooray! Not sure what I've done that's different, but the Test process works. It works really well!
I'm still wondering how I should switch to other layouts...

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 06 Dec 2012, 22:34

Hi Keith,
with other layouts you mean other devices? Or other orientation? If the latter, there's a popup where you can switch orientation once you are previewing in the portal.
If oyu mean other devices, as far as I know our Trial accoutn currently only offers iOS not Kindle Fire or Android yet, it will come soon.

Regards
Matthias

thatkeith

Post by thatkeith » 09 Dec 2012, 01:50

Switching orientations is fine. But now that we can develop for ALL iOS platforms, how do we choose which device layouts iPad, iPhone, iPhone 5 we preview or test? I have some projects that I've made with iPad Vertical, iPad Horizontal, and iPhone layouts. Normally I just see the iPad page layouts when I look at things in the App Studio portal or test them on my iPad. But sometimes I just see the iPhone layouts... which is clearly wrong when I'm using my iPad to check things out!
I have an iPad and an iPhone. When I test layouts in the App Studio app on my devices, how do I make sure that I test the iPhone layouts on my iPhone and the iPad layouts on my iPad?
Keith

Return to “Design and Publish Native Apps using QuarkXPress or App Studio (with InDesign/QuarkXPress)”