App Version Problem IOS

Discuss all aspects of the HTML5-based native apps: From content design and enrichment in InDesign CS5.x, CS6 & CC and/or QuarkXPress 9.5, 10, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 to creating your app, submitting it and publishing it to Android tablet, Android phone, iPad, iPhone and Web Apps. Free Trial can be found here: http://AppStudio.net

Also discuss the FREE (as in: "no additional costs") single app export from QuarkXPress here.
marktimothy

App Version Problem IOS

Post by marktimothy » 06 Jul 2014, 16:28

I followed the video tutorial by Matthias Guenther for publishing to the ios app store (http://www.appstudio.net/en/Resources/T ... px?trid=54).

I was able to install an ad hoc version of my app successfully after clicking the link provided in the build success email.

Once the app opens, it seems to try to download my single issue but then fails, and shows an error message “Issue not compatible. This issue is not compatible with the current version of your app. Please update your app in the App Store”.
I have double checked that the app version number set in itunes connect matches the app version number set in the App Studio > App Manager section of the app submission web service.

All profiles, certificates etc have been set up according to the video tutorial, and all information has been entered into itunes connect.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what may be wrong?

elack
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: App Version Problem IOS

Post by elack » 08 Jul 2014, 11:01

Hi Mark,

This is probably related to the version number you have setup in the build form. Have you entered a version number like this: "1.0.0"? You need to follow this format.

Thanks,
Elliott

marktimothy

Post by marktimothy » 09 Jul 2014, 08:06

Hi Elliott
Thanks for reply. I am 99% certain that my version number is in the format you suggested.
However, I am currently unable to login to check my appstudio issue build, because I am automatically logged out within a few seconds of logging in?????

marktimothy

Post by marktimothy » 09 Jul 2014, 08:23

Hi Elliott
Now able to login
The App version is 1.0.1
It is the same in the build as it is in ITunes connect. I have just checked.
Please advise
Thank you
Mark

elack
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by elack » 10 Jul 2014, 03:17

Please can you send a screenshot of the error you're seeing?

marktimothy

Post by marktimothy » 10 Jul 2014, 03:47

Hi Elliott
Hopefully a screen grab is attached
Regards
Mark
errormsgmark.PNG
error message re boris issue
(86.62 KiB) Downloaded 5868 times

elack
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by elack » 10 Jul 2014, 04:10

Can you click on the 'hamburger button' found on the top left of the app to open the side bar. Can you then click on Settings and send me a screenshot of that please?

marktimothy

Post by marktimothy » 10 Jul 2014, 04:34

Hi Elliott.
The settings panel, accessed from the 'hamburger' icon, just says Version 1.0.1
Other than that there is nothing on screen anywhere. The app often closes abruptly after a few seconds of blank screen.
By the way, I have autoplay audio on the first page of the book... I don't suppose that is causing any problem, by any chance?
Regards
Mark

elack
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by elack » 11 Jul 2014, 03:00

Hi Mark,

I've think I've found your publication in the App Studio Portal. It looks like you haven't published your issue yet so the app is unable to find the correct issue. Please can you confirm you try the following:
- Delete you app
- Publish the issue
- Reinstall the app from the email link you last received

Thanks,
Elliott

marktimothy

Post by marktimothy » 11 Jul 2014, 04:52

Thank you Elliott.
The issue is now downloading as an ap.
An obvious procedure, I suppose. I just assumed that the 'publish' stage was made after the final app had been tested etc..
Regards
Mark

Return to “Design and Publish Native Apps using QuarkXPress or App Studio (with InDesign/QuarkXPress)”