'Orientation Lock' option does not permanently work?

Discuss all aspects of the HTML5-based native apps: From content design and enrichment in InDesign CS5.x, CS6 & CC and/or QuarkXPress 9.5, 10, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 to creating your app, submitting it and publishing it to Android tablet, Android phone, iPad, iPhone and Web Apps. Free Trial can be found here: http://AppStudio.net

Also discuss the FREE (as in: "no additional costs") single app export from QuarkXPress here.
marktimothy

'Orientation Lock' option does not permanently work?

Post by marktimothy » 22 Jul 2014, 06:16

Please can anyone help? I am making a children's book, and I don't want the App Studio UI bar to pop up over the top of the book, whenever the child touches the screen. Permanently hiding the Nav bar does not work...
The top white horizontal App studio bar (with 'hamburger' icon on left side) can be hidden successfully for an issue, by using the 'orientation lock' option,in the 'build' section. HOWEVER, when a child (as they often do at a young age)) rotates the ipad around 180 degrees, the top horizontal bar reappears. This obscures the various interactive buttons within my app, and also cannot be subsequently hidden again. The sidebar also becomes available again, which is likewise unwanted.
The only way I can currently resolve the rotation problem seems to be by getting users to lock rotation of their iPads, which is not really a sensible option.
I believe that there is an option available within HTML programming, where a Landscape lock option is available as Left hand side, or Right hand side lock. I'm guessing this would fix the problem. Can that option be made available within App Studio?????
Can anyone please help.
Thank you
Mark Hannon

debsworth

Re: 'Orientation Lock' option does not permanently work?

Post by debsworth » 22 Jul 2014, 06:34

Hi Mark,

What is the name of the publication in the App Studio Portal?
I will have to raise this with iOS team can back to you in due course.

Kind regards,
Dave

marktimothy

Post by marktimothy » 22 Jul 2014, 09:24

Hi Dave
The publication is called Boris.
PS I want to release this issue on Android soon as well. Am I likely to hit the same problem there?
Regards
Mark

marktimothy

Post by marktimothy » 04 Aug 2014, 03:57

Hi Dave
Is there any resolution in sight? I would be really grateful for some information since I need to get this app finished urgently, and have been patient for 2 weeks. I also need to decide whether this same problem will relate to an Android release
Thanks
Mark

Return to “Design and Publish Native Apps using QuarkXPress or App Studio (with InDesign/QuarkXPress)”