AppStudio Portal not communicating with AppStudio Preview?

Discuss all aspects of the HTML5-based native apps: From content design and enrichment in InDesign CS5.x, CS6 & CC and/or QuarkXPress 9.5, 10, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 to creating your app, submitting it and publishing it to Android tablet, Android phone, iPad, iPhone and Web Apps. Free Trial can be found here: http://AppStudio.net

Also discuss the FREE (as in: "no additional costs") single app export from QuarkXPress here.
victorquark

AppStudio Portal not communicating with AppStudio Preview?

Post by victorquark » 17 Oct 2014, 11:01

Is anyone else having this issue?

I am trying clicking test in the appstudio portal and it goes through...

But the appstudio issue previewer on my ipad is not getting the latest test.

There is no option to update it and preview the latest test.

What could cause this to be happening?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thank you

Elsinore

Re: AppStudio Portal not communicating with AppStudio Previe

Post by Elsinore » 17 Oct 2014, 12:42

Hi Victor,

Not having that issue on this end, but you might try:

- Swipe down in the Issue Previewer main thumbnails page to reveal "Library" and "Downloaded" tabs. Tap "Downloaded." Delete (archive) everything in there. Tap "Library" to return to main thumbnails page. Tap the download icon beneath the issue thumbnail you're testing. This should start a fresh download of the latest test deployment on Quark's test server.

AND/OR

- Totally close the Issue Previewer app on your tablet (on an iPad, press the home button twice rapidly) to reveal a scrolling display of open apps. Swipe up on the Issue Previewer app to completely close it. Return to the desktop, restart the Issue Previewer app, sign out of your test area, then back in again.

In the past, this has often worked when I experienced the same problem. Good luck.

victorquark

Re: AppStudio Portal not communicating with AppStudio Previe

Post by victorquark » 17 Oct 2014, 12:54

Thanks so much for your reply.

I have tried some of these things.

I am trying to do the first thing you listed, but when I click on "downloaded" it quits on me.

It is very buggy right now.

I don't know what to do.

Thanks so much.

This is very frustrating.

update: i purchased a support ticket, they will have to get back to me after the weekend.

Return to “Design and Publish Native Apps using QuarkXPress or App Studio (with InDesign/QuarkXPress)”