Creating a new Android Universal issue in AppStudio portal

Discuss all aspects of the HTML5-based native apps: From content design and enrichment in InDesign CS5.x, CS6 & CC and/or QuarkXPress 9.5, 10, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 to creating your app, submitting it and publishing it to Android tablet, Android phone, iPad, iPhone and Web Apps. Free Trial can be found here: http://AppStudio.net

Also discuss the FREE (as in: "no additional costs") single app export from QuarkXPress here.
steveb

Post by steveb » 13 Jun 2014, 10:53

We have an AppStudio account and have used it to create issues for iOS (iPad) in the AppStudio portal. Now we would like to create issues (of the same publication) for Android devices. Previously, the Create Issue panel included checkboxes for iPad, Kindle Fire, Android and other devices (the documentation at http://docs.appstudio.net/display/AppSt ... tenewIssue still shows this). But now those checkboxes are missing and the panel includes only fields for the In-App Purchase IDs for iOS and Android Universal. We are not using in-app purchasing. I understand that we could use the iOS issues for Android, but we would prefer to create new ones to optimize the design for smaller Android screens.Can anyone tell me how to specify an Android Universal issue?SB

STomiyama
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by STomiyama » 16 Jun 2014, 19:18

I guess you've already found the change.
Now, the test button has a new feature. You can choose iOS, Android Universal or both when you send an issue to a test environment. Please click the down arrow of the test button.

steveb

Post by steveb » 17 Jun 2014, 04:40

Excellent, thank you. Simply clicking the test button had become so habitual that I never noticed the down arrow.SB

Return to “Design and Publish Native Apps using QuarkXPress or App Studio (with InDesign/QuarkXPress)”