Images in ePubs and other questions

Ask questions about creating eBooks in ePub2, ePub3 and Kindle format using QuarkXPress 9, 10, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 and how to submit your eBook to popular online stores. You can choose to create eBooks in reflowable layout or fixed layout.
sylviagay

Images in ePubs and other questions

Post by sylviagay » 15 Oct 2012, 08:41

I have a product catalog in Quark that I am making into an ePub. I have a few questions.
#1. Each of my products has its own image (photo). Can you have both a image and text in an article, and have the text flow around the image? When Quark created the reflow view, it put the photos and the text in separate articles. (My original catalog was created with a zillion un-linked boxes. One box for each product.)
#2. The articles are all in a bizarre order. I know I can use the up and down arrows to move them, but that is extremely time consuming. I tried dragging them in theReflow Tagging box, but it kept dragging the wrong articles, and messed things up even more. Is there another way to do this? And is there a way to move a group of articles?
#3. How do I view what I'm doing in an eBook viewer so I can see if I'm on the right track?
Thanks!

Return to “eBook Publishing – fixed layout and reflowable layout eBooks”