Quark to Epub...please help!

Ask questions about creating eBooks in ePub2, ePub3 and Kindle format using QuarkXPress 9, 10, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 and how to submit your eBook to popular online stores. You can choose to create eBooks in reflowable layout or fixed layout.
grandmalpress

Post by grandmalpress » 07 Mar 2011, 20:30

Hi,
I need to convert Quark files to epub files for a publisher I work for. I have Quark Express 7. I have heard the easiest way to do this is to import it into Word. But for the life of me I have no idea how to do this or if it can even be done. When I copy and paste into Word all formatting is lost.
I am open to all suggestions on how best to do this (or other methods of making these into ePub files.) Going from PDF to ePub does NOT work. There are way too many error issues associated with that conversion. And I only have a trial version of InDesign.
Thoughts?

max.peter

Post by max.peter » 07 Mar 2011, 22:29

Hi,
If you and your publisher can wait, the brand new v.9 of QuarkXPRess might help you. Just read Quark's website.

If not, try a google search, using "pdf2ePub" term, or try this Acrobat plugin.
Hope this helps.

grandmalpress

Post by grandmalpress » 09 Mar 2011, 12:12

Thanks Max. I will definitely have to get Quark 9. For now I was able to get around it by saving as a PDF, exporting the PDF to Word, updloading the Word doc to Sigil, and doing some editing before saving as an ePub file. The end result looks great but it did take a while to go through the whole book and fix weird paragraph breaks and stuff.

Return to “eBook Publishing – fixed layout and reflowable layout eBooks”