Bullet Points and Numbering and Hanging Characters

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
RGB

Re: Bullet Points and Numbering and Hanging Characters

Post by RGB » 22 Jun 2018, 17:53

Is it possible to change the numbering so that it skips numbers?

Examples

And so on...

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 22 Jun 2018, 19:20

RGB wrote:Is it possible to change the numbering so that it skips numbers?

Examples

And so on...
Hi RGB,

There isn't an "increment by" type of field, so I would say no, this isn't possible.

It may be possible to write an Apple Script, but I don't have a Mac to try. Version 2018 now has JavaScript support and it may well be possible by that means and it is on both platforms. But until the JS Guide is published (it's in review now), I don't know where I would begin.

Sorry!

Mike

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 22 Jun 2018, 19:24

njhemily wrote:Except the format window is gone in 10, is there a way to still see it?
One still gets to the bullet & numbering as in the past as regards creating/copying or modifying a B/N style. Under the Edit menu (at least on the PC) you will find the menu. Create/modify/copy a style for bullets/numbering, and then set the paragraph style sheet to use that style.

Mike

Note. For PC users, the former ctrl+m format dialog just was given over to the measurement pallet in the newest version (2018). Form the measurement pallet one can also set this property.

RGB

Post by RGB » 23 Jun 2018, 17:13

MikeWenzloff wrote:There isn't an "increment by" type of field, so I would say no, this isn't possible. Sorry!
Thanks for trying! It did occur to me that if one could add to the many numbering options presented when defining a custom style, so that they included the set of all even numbers (or whatever), then it would not matter that there was no increment-by field. But I know of no way to add to them.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”