Using Qrk on laptop away from server

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
mwillbanks

Post by mwillbanks » 16 Jun 2004, 07:18

I have QLA on our server at work and Quark installed on a PowerBook. I need to work from home sometimes and would like to know how to use Quark when I'm not within wireless reach of the server.

Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks in advance! :roll:

Rhea

Post by Rhea » 16 Jun 2004, 11:10

You can do an extended checkout on your copy of QuarkXPress.The machine should be connected to server when do the checkout.

Under utilities menu in QXP you have an option to 'checkout License'. Enter the number of days for which you want to check out.. and you are ready to the computer to home.

The maximum number of days for which you can check out is specified by the system administrator. It can be changed from the QLA Control Panel.

mwillbanks

Post by mwillbanks » 16 Jun 2004, 12:58

That's great. Thanks for the info!
:D

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”