Full Resolution Preview Tab missing

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
Yoda

Post by Yoda » 11 Jun 2004, 05:53

According to the manual/help files, there is supposed to be a 'Full Resolution Preview' tab in the 'Get Picture ' dialogue box, which allows you to apply a full res preview to an image on the fly, whilst importing it.

Nope. It isn't there in 6.1, and wasn't there in 6.0. There are tabs for 'Colour Management', 'OPI', 'PDF Import' and 'Inset chart', but nothing for 'Full Res Preview'. So where's it gone?

The appropriate extensions have been downloaded and unstuffed without problem and are correctly installed. Full Res Preview works fine on already-imported images when applied via the 'Item' menu, but there's just no sign of this tab in the 'Get Picture' box.

Quark are oblivious to this and can't help a jot, so I did some phoning around and find that everybody I speak to has the same issue.

So, has anybody seen the missing tab? If so, it's mine, so please could you return it at your earliest convenience? Thanks.

Rhea

Post by Rhea » 11 Jun 2004, 13:42

I donot see the tab either and nor my colleagues does!!
Nor in QXP 6.0 neither in 6.1
:arrow:

Check this link which explains the working of this Xtension.
http://www.quark.com/service/desktop/su ... sp?idx=138

rock

Post by rock » 12 Jun 2004, 08:37

Yes.... its supposed to be there but they are aware of this. It might be resolve in next update version. The only way to activate it select the picture and go to ITEM menu and select resolution. Under this option you can see Full Preview Resolution.

Enjoy the way until................

Good luck!!!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 12 Jun 2004, 12:17

Yoda, Rhea, rock,

simply download it from the Quark website.
You can find it at:
http://www.quark.com/service/desktop/do ... nload.html

James

Post by James » 07 Jul 2004, 17:15

Yoda is absolutely right. I thought I was going nuts. Here is what Quark Help tells you to do.

Applying Full Resolution Preview when Importing Pictures
To apply the Full Resolution Preview feature to a picture at import:

Select a picture box and choose File ? Get Picture.
In the Get Picture dialog box, click the Full Resolution Previews tab.
In the Full Resolution Previews tab, check Create Full-Resolution Preview.
Click OK to import the picture with a full-resolution preview.

There is no full resolution tab in the get picture dialog box.
The full res preview download does not fix this issue.
[/b]

andy.watts

Post by andy.watts » 08 Jul 2004, 03:45

you can also hover the mouse over an image and hit 'control' and go down to 'preview resolution' and it gives you the option of low or hi-res...

...its a little quicker than the item menu way... :idea:

rbrown

Post by rbrown » 08 Jul 2004, 13:47

The Full resolution preview does not work while getting a picture. it workes after the picture has been brought. lets say if your picture has a resolution of 300 dpi but when you bring it in quark the pictures looks distorted on the screen. So if you have the full resolution xtension you can go to view and check show full res and then do a control + Click on the picture it gives you an option that says preview resolution, so from there you can select full resolution and see the change on the screen image. :)

James

Post by James » 08 Jul 2004, 14:07

I think everyone is clear how to make a picture full resolution in Quark.

The problem however is still the same as initially noted by Yoda.

Quark tells us that in the get picture dialog box we have an option of selecting a "Tab that does not exist" called "Full Resolution Previews tab". Once in this imaginary tab we have the choice of selecting Full-Resolution Preview.

**Again, here is the exact text copied from Quark help dialog. (God forbid you actually get a book for $800.00)

Applying Full Resolution Preview when Importing Pictures
To apply the Full Resolution Preview feature to a picture at import:

Select a picture box and choose File ? Get Picture.
In the Get Picture dialog box, click the Full Resolution Previews tab.
In the Full Resolution Previews tab, check Create Full-Resolution Preview.
Click OK to import the picture with a full-resolution preview.

**Read carefully. These instructions are for importing a picture, not for after a photo has been placed.

andy.watts

Post by andy.watts » 13 Jul 2004, 07:29

ok ok, so youve found a mistake in the manual.

I think everyone is clear on that fact too...

J Talmadge

Post by J Talmadge » 13 Jul 2004, 11:04

And to bring us all full circle, maybe 6.2 will fix it so that we specify full res on-the-fly, when getting picture.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”