Images place in Quark 4 documents jumping their order

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
screamHollering

Post by screamHollering » 09 Jun 2004, 15:06

We have about 20% of our historical Quark 4.1 files that when we open them in Quark 6.1, the images in the files jump infront of the Text in the document. This is a significant issue when if we are just grabbing old files and sending them to our imagesetter to get a new imposition configuration. Does anyone have any helpful hints of what causing this to happend or how to advert this from happening?

Linda

Post by Linda » 11 Jun 2004, 12:01

Scream,

I've seen this when opening v.4.11 docs in v.4.11 too (such as files from a previous edition of a book). Not often, and I don't know what causes it, but I thought I should mention it's not just a 4-to-6 bug. It can happen without changing version, too.

In my case, I had an .eps graphic of a paw print that lived behind the text box that housed the folio. In *some* chapters -- not all -- *some* of the pawprints jumped forward to obscure the folio. It wasn't all chapters, and it wasn't all pages in the affected chapters. I could not figure out what caused it.

peace,
Linda :)

pr9000

Post by pr9000 » 11 Jun 2004, 13:05

i think the official answer might be "Wait for 6.2 ..." :shock:

Rhea

Post by Rhea » 11 Jun 2004, 14:29

Opening the documents in QXP 5.0 has solved such problems for me sometimes. Or you may also try downsaving the document to version 5.0 after you open in QXP 6.0.

Good LucK :)

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”