saving files without name of the older file tagged on

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
Jody Tavss

Post by Jody Tavss » 07 Jun 2004, 13:12

When I open an existing Quark file, then do a "save as" to rename it, Quark adds the name of the older file to the end of the new name I've given. I really hate this feature and it's especially annoying when I create a pdf of the file since Quark then drops my given name and saves the pdf with the name of the original older file. How can I turn this feature off so that my files will only carry the "saved as" name? :shock:

JazzyB

Post by JazzyB » 07 Jun 2004, 13:39

Two ways of helping yourself: either change the layout name in the layout menu - layout properties.

or if U wanna have a project name to your pdf files....
Chnage the option in the PDF pref. :o

Rhea

Post by Rhea » 07 Jun 2004, 14:55

You can set your preference the way you wanna save the pdf names. In the PDF preferences you have four options , choose the one that suits you.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”