mouse cursor disappears

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
senken

mouse cursor disappears

Post by senken » 22 Aug 2013, 22:29

Hello,I am using QuakXPress 8.5.1 and 9.5.1 and since I use the newest MacBook Air 2013, the mouse cursor in QuarkXpress disappears (or its hardly not possible to see it). Its really hard to work with this problem. Does anyone know any solutions? It seems, that other people have this problem too (https://www.facebook.com/officialQuarkX ... 2501230367), but I cant find any ways to fix it.Would anyone here in the forum like to help me?Thank you!

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

mouse cursor disappears

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 22 Aug 2013, 22:32

Hi senken,
yes, that's unfortunately a bug and it only appears on new MacBook Airs. Cursor is very hard to see it (you should see a faint shadow of a mouse cursor somewhere). Really annoying of course.

We will fix that in an update to QuarkXPress 9, which will be released soon (and of course this is fixed in QuarkXPress 10).
Thanks
Matthias

senken

mouse cursor disappears

Post by senken » 22 Aug 2013, 22:38

Wow, thank you for the fast reply! Thats amazing! :-)Please, I would really appreciate, if you would like to fix it fast. I am doing stuffs for clients, and the first weeks I thought, I am just stupid... //Vielen Dank fr die schnelle Antwort. Ich bin nach wie vor ein groer Fan von Quark, arbeite aber wegen dem Problem (zwangsweise) bereits auf dem Adobe-Pendant. Ich wrde mich aber echt freuen, wenn das Problem gefixt wird, da hier einige Kundenarbeiten dranhngen und ich mit nem nervigen Bug viel Zeit verliere... Vielen Dank! :-) (vor allem fr die superschnelle Reaktion!)

Qrk3to10

mouse cursor disappears

Post by Qrk3to10 » 23 Aug 2013, 12:12

senken wrote:Hello,I am using QuakXPress 8.5.1 and 9.5.1 and since I use the newest MacBook Air 2013, the mouse cursor in QuarkXpress disappears (or its hardly not possible to see it)....

I ran into that problem recently with 8.5.1 and an obscure but easy solution I found was to open System Preferences > Universal Access and in the Display section of "Seeing" check "Use grayscale." Quit Preferences, open it again, go back to Universal Access and uncheck "Use grayscale." All the cursors, which, for some reason, had turned to white, switched back to black.

Quarkian
Quarkian

mouse cursor disappears

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 01 Sep 2013, 22:13

Hi senken,
we will release a fix for 9.5 this week, so please stay tuned.
Regards
Matthias

contentedquarker

mouse cursor disappears

Post by contentedquarker » 02 Sep 2013, 07:17

I use Quark as the world's best word processor. For me, it's the print text and image features that matter the most.Going from Mac Quark 7.5 to 9.5 (8 was unusable for me, it crashed when I tried to insert PDFs in image boxes), a weird thing is the invisible vertical text insertion bar. In Quark 7, the text insertion bar is always visible, no matter which display mode (pressing F7) is used. However, in 9.5, if the page layout guides are visible, the vertical text insertion point vanishes when it's against the left edge of the text box. It is visible only in the "other" F7 display mode.Another oddity: small text is visible even in small text boxes in Quark 7.5, but it's not visible in 9.5 because the corner handles on the text box are so huge, they can hide the text inside the box.And, still, in 9.5, Quark automatically adds pages when text is added, but cannot subtract pages when text is subtracted. Will this ever be a feature?

senken

mouse cursor disappears

Post by senken » 02 Sep 2013, 07:25

@Qrk3to10: Thank you for your response! I tried this few times - but it didnt work :-(@Quark: Wow, this week? Sounds great! Hope you will really release a Patch for this. Are you gonna to make it for 8.5. as well? Would be nice.

mniszko

mouse cursor disappears

Post by mniszko » 11 Sep 2013, 06:27

Hi MathiasPlease could you let me know if there is a fix for the mouse cursor problem for Quark 8.5.1 and how can I solve it?Many thanks,Mark

Quarkian
Quarkian

mouse cursor disappears

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 11 Sep 2013, 22:38

Hi mark,
we have released 9.5.3 earlier this month to fix this problem that only occurs on MacBook Air 2013. We are not planning to supply any fix for QuarkXPress 8 anymore.
Thanks
Matthias

Till Heppner

mouse cursor disappears

Post by Till Heppner » 06 Oct 2013, 22:55

Hello, we ware using the new iMac (End 2013) with the Intel Iris Card and the mouse cursor disappears :-( Is there any fix for that ?

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”