Auto Save and Auto Backup Do Not Work.........

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
Binky

Auto Save and Auto Backup Do Not Work.........

Post by Binky » 10 Nov 2013, 11:43

I am using QXP10 on a Mac, running OSX 10.9 Mavericks on an iMac Extreme (2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo)In my "Open and Save" Preferences I have Auto Save checked and set to save every one minute, and Auto Backup checked and set to keep 5 revisions.Imagine my surprise when I had a QXP10 crash today (when trying to link two text boxes) and found that my most recent saved copy of the document I as working on was over 5 hours old.Grrrrrrrrrrr...I suspect my QXP10 preferences have gotten corrupted (or something). I changed and then re-affirmed my Open and Save preferences and restarted the program but the changes do not cause the program to save and store revisions. What do I have to delete in order to start over with new Quark Preferences ?? Binky

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”