Crashes when moving gradient boxes

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
Heather Holmes

Post by Heather Holmes » 03 Jun 2013, 01:44

I would have thought so too, but oddly enough I hadn't changed a single setting on my laptop or my iMac. Both units are creating the .ps file and the log file after the 9.5.2 upgrade. Is there a way to uninstall this update?

Alicia B

Post by Alicia B » 03 Jun 2013, 05:08

I just updated to 9.5.2 this morning as well and I get the same thing, a log file is created each time I export a PDF. No changes made in settings and I too checked my preferences and the log box is unchecked too. The log stats that my job was successful. If anyone knows how to fix, I'd appreciate it.Mac OS X 10.7.5

Heather Holmes

Post by Heather Holmes » 03 Jun 2013, 05:16

I finally wised up a bit and made a folder on my desktop (named logs) and diverted the log files and ps files to that. Go under preferences, click log errors - which allows you to change the destination of the log files, etc., change your destination folder (to wherever or whatever), and uncheck the log errors button. At least the abundance of logs, etc. end up in there, and not on your desktop.

Alicia B

Post by Alicia B » 03 Jun 2013, 05:44

Thanks I'll do that!

Alicia B

Post by Alicia B » 04 Jun 2013, 04:26

I noticed when saving a new file out, Quark automatically copies and pasts a text box into the document too. Watch out for that.

Westrib Mary

Post by Westrib Mary » 06 Jun 2013, 10:13

Upgraded to 9.5.2 and still crashing. Made a folder on my desktop to collect those pesky logs and .ps files.

Heather Holmes

Post by Heather Holmes » 17 Jul 2013, 13:46

Still having crashes when touching anything gradient, even after the 9.5.2 "update." My quark crashes even more randomly now that it did before the update. The log files are still being created too. Quark, please fix this bug.

chandlerbing

Re: Crashes when moving gradient boxes

Post by chandlerbing » 21 Aug 2019, 18:46

Seems to be an old topic, but as our office is still on Quark 9.5.4 maybe someone found an answer. I've had this same problem on multiple computers through multiple versions of Quark. It's random, so I can'tfigure out any pattern at all. Usually for me it crashes as soon as I apply a gradient to a box, most often when applying a circular gradient. I've tried turning it into a box with no content first; placing it in its own layer; adding a color if it's has no fill; giving it a color with a fill of None... everything I can think of: it's still about 50/50 chance that when I apply a circular gradient Quark will crash. I've definitely gotten into the habit of saving just before applying any gradient, but it's still mighty disruptive. Any fix ever found for this?

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”