How to apply hyphenation rules to a paragraph?!?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
SatoriPub

Post by SatoriPub » 26 Jun 2013, 09:51

I must be stupid, because I cannot find how to remove hyphenation in a text box in QuarkXPress 9.I see how to create and modify H&J settings (using menu item "Edit > H&Js..."). No problem. I see there is already one called "No Hyphenation". That is what I want applied to a text box.So how do I apply the "No Hyphenation" rule to an existing text box?Thank you in advance for your advice.

AD

Post by AD » 26 Jun 2013, 18:19

Goto to Style menu > Formats and select "No Hyphenation" in H&J drop down

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 26 Jun 2013, 21:20

Just to add sth: the hyphenation rules are to be applied to a paragraph, not to a text box. Hence you select every paragraphs you want with no hyphenation and apply "No hyphenation" to them as H&J. Or apply the H&J at the Style Sheet level. Depends on the way you handle your job. HTH.

SatoriPub

Post by SatoriPub » 27 Jun 2013, 04:48

Thank you!!! That was helpful. I was looking for hours for a solution. I looked in Quark's help file, I looked at online articles. My problem is solved.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”