QuarkXPress 10.5 available (supports Yosemite)

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

QuarkXPress 10.5 available (supports Yosemite)

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 05 Nov 2014, 14:36

Hi all,

we have just released QuarkXPress 10.5, which is a free update for all users using QuarkXPress 10.

QuarkXPress 10.5 fixes reported bugs and adds performance improvements both under OS X and Windows.

And v10.5 also adds official support for OS X 10.10 aka Yosemite, 20 days after the release of Yosemite.
Last time, when Apple released Mavericks, it took us 17 days to add support for the new operating system, so a bit quicker. Unfortunately this time we found a severe bug pretty late in the testing cycle, which set us back a bit.

:arrow: If you are on OS X, there is one thing you need to do: We found that QuarkXPress 10 cannot be updated via Auto Updater due to the new code-signing technology introduced by Apple in OS X 10.9.5 and 10.10, so we disabled Auto Updater for all OS X versions.
So if you are using QuarkXPress under OS X you need to use the manual download option please.

:arrow: If you are on Windows, please use the Auto Updater or install it manually (by downloading it from Quark's website).

:!: Two warnings please:
1) With v10.5 we have dropped support for Lion, so if you are on OS X 10.7, please stay on QuarkXPress 10.2.1.
2) If you are using Quark Publishing Platform, please also stay on 10.2.1, as Platform does not support 10.5 (yet).

Manual downloads: http://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/ ... d=1&ftid=2

Looking forward to hear your feedback.

Regards
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

AndAnAs

Re: QuarkXPress 10.5 available (supports Yosemite)

Post by AndAnAs » 06 Nov 2014, 01:35

Very much bad work. :oops:
1) Problems with a productivity aren't corrected: the scrolling and manipulations with objects still cause braking, a freezing. It incredibly irritates. It wasn't and isn't present in one previous QuarkXPress version.
2) Icons in palettes still disappear.
3) There is no new function.

It is a shame with developers. More the worst QuarkXPress version I didn't see.
I work still at QXP 9.5.

YVON BOEUF

Post by YVON BOEUF » 06 Nov 2014, 02:52

hello,
I'm not as negative as AndAnAs . For my part, I work under Windows 8.1 , I see improved performance in scrolling pages of a moderately long document (40 pages - A4 - 60 images TIFF/AI). However, all the bugs I reported to the Technical Department and recognized as Quark bug has not been fixed by this update. So I am still very disappointed with this version. I still hope for future developments .
O.S. : Windows 10 - Intel I5 - 4670K: 2 CORE 3.4 Ghz - RAM: 16 GB

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 06 Nov 2014, 05:11

Hi Andanas,

I understand your disappointment that we didn't add any new, visible features for Windows, despite the version number jump.
However we added large features in 10.1 and 10.2 and not every update adds features.
For Mac, the Yosemite support is the large addition.

We'll be giving Windows users a large UI advantage in QuarkXPress 2015, which you might have seen.

Still, QuarkXPress 10.5 is a significant improvement, it gives you better performance, both Mac and Win, and we fixed many issues, both Mac and Win. I understand that you are unhappy if the bug(s) you reported aren't fixed in a new update, however priorities and estimates need to be made and sometimes that means that a bug cannot be fixed.

Thanks
Matthias
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 06 Nov 2014, 05:11

Hi Yves,

thank you for the positive feedback and we are currently looking at the bug you mentioned, I don't know yet what happened there. Will report back once I do.

Thanks
Matthias

shaun

Post by shaun » 06 Nov 2014, 08:27

Updater works in 10.5 on Yosemite. Thanks.
But Quqrk panel still complains that fonts aren't activated when they are ...

Sergio62

Post by Sergio62 » 07 Nov 2014, 12:00

Hello Matthias, you can know when the problems reported and certified by Quark will be solved.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1976&start=10

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1574&hilit=asian

There are also XPress 10.5.

thanks,
Sergio

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 10 Nov 2014, 06:57

Hi Sergio,

I assume you want to know the status of the bugs you referred, correct?
"Find/ Change works incorrectly after invoking Usage dialog once" (187609)
-> Still open.
"Type style attributes applied on the searched word get lost on replacing with any attribute through Find/ Change (in non EA configuration)" (175111)
-> Fixed in 10.5 (and 10.2).

Thanks
Matthias

Neftigon

Post by Neftigon » 10 Nov 2014, 11:15

Hi,
thank you for update, but now (after updating from 10.0.0.1 to 10.5) I have a problem. If I want to start QuarkXpress I become an error:
If I delete from folder AppData/Local/Quark/QuarkXPress 10 the "XPress Preferences" file, the program starts, but if I quit and start it again, the problem is same.
Knows somebody this problem?
Thanks.

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 10 Nov 2014, 12:16

Dunno what causes that. I also don't know if the 10.5 update is can update fully back to the original release version. Also, is there a preferences folder in the Quark installation folder?

Mike

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”