Scaling: how change central to upper left corner?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
jaguar3000

Scaling: how change central to upper left corner?

Post by jaguar3000 » 07 Nov 2014, 12:02

I quite often use the scaling command when rescaling text boxes cmd alt shift and its crucial for me that the upper left corner stays where it is. However the preset settings in QuarkXPress 10 let you scale from the center of the text box... that makes absolutely no sense to me. Where can I change the scaling settings? I tried with preferences, couldn't find anything there.

YVON BOEUF

Re: Scaling: how change central to upper left corner?

Post by YVON BOEUF » 07 Nov 2014, 12:21

Hello,
Have you tried simply ctrl ( cmd) -shift then click on the opposite handle of the text block ? My answer may be silly if I did not understand the question.
O.S. : Windows 10 - Intel I5 - 4670K: 2 CORE 3.4 Ghz - RAM: 16 GB

eyoungren

Post by eyoungren » 08 Nov 2014, 18:03

Quark changed the way this works in 8.0. Guess they decided to leave it that way.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 10 Nov 2014, 04:54

Hi Jaguar,

we adjusted how shortcut keys work with images in QuarkXPress to make it behave like all other graphics software:
- Option scales from center (don't press option if you want to scale from top left corner).
- Shift constraints to proportional scale.
- Command scales content too.
- You can combine them.

So you probably press option to scale proportionally. Just use SHIFT instead.

Regards
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

jaguar3000

Post by jaguar3000 » 10 Nov 2014, 09:34

Thank you, Matthias. I'm evaluating if i can continue with QuarkXPress and I'm happy you gave me this satisfying answer.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”