Picture Preview Problem

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
davidhieber

Picture Preview Problem

Post by davidhieber » 14 Mar 2016, 10:05

Hello -

Been a while since I posted, playing catch up now. Recently started moving forward with some version upgrades. Was using Quark 8.5 on 10.6.8, moved to 9.5.4.1 on same machine. Lots of legacy documents (v5.0) and don't recall having this exact issue before, hoping for a cure instead of work-around.

Conditions: Open document with 9.5.4.1, doc was created in 5.0, last saved with 8.5.1, has several TIF's imported to picture boxes and assigned spot-colors (1-bit tif's).

Issue: If you "Import" new tif (or even same as is there) and try to "maintain picture attributes", the preview defaults to black. Note the attributes are actually still the same, but the preview ONLY is black. Prints in correct colors, exports in correct colors.

Also, if you "change" set spot color from PMS 300 to PMS 185. preview starts to work correctly. Seems to be only during initial import.

Is there a cure for this besides changing the color from one to the other and then back again?

Many thanks in advance!

davidhieber

Re: Picture Preview Problem

Post by davidhieber » 14 Mar 2016, 16:56

I should mention that this has happened on two (2) separate Macs, one running 10.7 and the other running 10.6.8

MarkyBoy

Re: Picture Preview Problem

Post by MarkyBoy » 29 Mar 2016, 09:25

I have this same problem and not only with legacy documents but if I copy the image box from one .qxp to another or sometimes within the same .qxp! I think it is something to do with the images being in an old format… You could try opening the image in photoshop and re-saving, I have had some success with that in the past - otherwise the only solution I have found is what you are already doing!

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”