How do I nudge/move text slightly? *New User*

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
RyanSamTurner

How do I nudge/move text slightly? *New User*

Post by RyanSamTurner » 16 Apr 2016, 04:05

Hi.

I'm new to Quark so please bear with me if this is a simple fix.

I had a typesetter work on my novel for me, however, they were unable to make changes which I needed, so I decided to branch out and get Quark 10 in order to make the amendments myself.
All is well, and I love the product, however there is one slight issue I can't figure out.

When there is a line with a speech mark, and then the letter 'A' this appears to be further to the left, than when using another letter.

So, really, I just need to move the letter 'A' to the right a little. Obviously, using the space bar, adds too much space, but is there a way I can slightly nudge it along?

Thanks
Ryan.

max.peter

Re: How do I nudge/move text slightly? *New User*

Post by max.peter » 16 Apr 2016, 10:41

Insert the mouse pointer before letter A, then input a positive value in the kern field for a wider distance, or a negative value for a narrower distance between characters or between a character and a blanc sspace.

See the attached picture, please.
Attachments
01.jpg
01.jpg (199.65 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
Every day is a good day to learn something new.

Rohit Bajaj (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: How do I nudge/move text slightly? *New User*

Post by Rohit Bajaj (Quark) » 20 Apr 2016, 05:56

Hello Ryan,

You can adjust kerning in this case.

Thanks
Rohit

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”