instant crash on moving any box

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
chandlerbing

instant crash on moving any box

Post by chandlerbing » 11 Oct 2019, 13:50

I've been working in Quark 9.5 on OS X El Capitan for a while without issue, but suddenly it started crashing every time I try to move a box with any tool, instantly, without fail... making the program unusable. I tried deleting preferences, but (unless I just deleted the wrong Quark plist?) it didn't fix it. I'd try reinstalling but the installer I have won't run for some reason (says it needs to be "at least Mountain Lion" but I'm on El Capitan) and I can't find anywhere to download a more recent 9.5 update installer. I'm out of ideas.

Anyone have a better idea what to do to fix this?

MikeWenzloff

Re: instant crash on moving any box

Post by MikeWenzloff » 13 Oct 2019, 08:40

I use a Windows PC...

I would first try wiping out the Q install completely and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, I would try an install using a new user account. If that then allows Q to run properly, the issue lies with something in the original user account being corrupted.

Just down one post in this forum section is a link to a 9.5.4 installer for the Mac. Read that thread for what to do.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”