Did the forums just change?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
migman

Post by migman » 21 Jun 2007, 14:59

I use a bookmark to get to the Quark forum, and I'm not exactly sure, but I think it was QuarkXPress General, or something like that. I was on there this morning, and now I'm told the forum doesn't exist. I can't see a general forum in the list either. Is it down for maintenance, or is it just gone? Did the topics in that forum go somewhere?

eyoungren

Post by eyoungren » 21 Jun 2007, 15:04

I think so mig. They have been adding and shuffling for the last couple of days or so. The General forum is now bye-bye. I was wondering how long it would take them to move version 6.x in to the "Previous Versions" forum once 7 came out. Now I know.

JRS

Post by JRS » 21 Jun 2007, 15:40

As of this time the contents of the General forum have disappeared. After the debacle that lead to the loss of 10 months of forum content from last May through this March, you'd think something might have been learned, but that may not be the case.

Jim Oblak

Post by Jim Oblak » 21 Jun 2007, 16:12

Please excuse the language: this forum is managed by dumbasses. Note that 'dumbasses' is plural: there is no way that a single person could be this dumb. We are witnessing collective stupidity achieved only through a committee of idiots.

What idiot thought it was a good idea to have a forum dedicated to 'Transparency'? Folks with transparency issues often do not realize they are transparency issues. To focus discussions, why don't they make a forum dedicated to those that use the letter 'H' on their keyboard?

What idiot thought that it would be a good idea to have a forum dedicated to fluff (this sofa) appearing above all other forums on the forum index page?

oy...

Jim Oblak

Post by Jim Oblak » 21 Jun 2007, 16:15

[strong]Jim Oblak:[/strong]Please excuse the language: this forum is managed by dumbasses. Note that 'dumbasses' is plural: there is no way that a single person could be this dumb. We are witnessing collective stupidity achieved only through a committee of idiots.

What idiot thought it was a good idea to have a forum dedicated to 'Transparency'? Folks with transparency issues often do not realize they are transparency issues. To focus discussions, why don't they make a forum dedicated to those that use the letter 'H' on their keyboard?

What idiot thought that it would be a good idea to have a forum dedicated to fluff (the sofa) appearing above all other forums on the forum index page?

oy...

RobertR

Post by RobertR » 21 Jun 2007, 22:12

Migman, what happened to the thread we were talking on? It seems it has just disappeared as I can't find it either. Glad I was able to find you.

Can we continue the discussion here?

I have come up with a way of outputing data in a format that I think might work.

So now I need to know how to get the files to actually merge! If we need to move this discussion somewhere else, just let me know.

thanks

willadams

Post by willadams » 22 Jun 2007, 08:56

Every post I've made is gone --- convenient way for Quark to sweep problems under the rug.

William

JRS

Post by JRS » 22 Jun 2007, 15:06

No one at Quark cares to comment on the deletion of 1000's of posts, yet again? Heads all firmly buried in the sand?

Matt James
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matt James » 22 Jun 2007, 17:31

The General QuarkXPress forums are now available. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured that posts were not lost or deleted. If you continue to have issues please email me mjamesATquarkDOTcom. Also Quark takes the forums and it's users very seriously and we are working hard to replace the technology used for the forums.

Also if you have suggestions for forum features or even structure please email me or webmaster@quark.com

Thank you!

matt

Jim Oblak

Post by Jim Oblak » 22 Jun 2007, 20:57

[strong]Matt James (Quark):[/strong]we are working hard to replace the technology used for the forums.

The problems with the forums has not been the technology. The problem has been the administration. phpBB is used competently by many web sites.

phpBB is not perfect but one cannot blame the deletion of thousands of posts a few months ago on 'technology'. 'Technology' is not responsible for leaving these forums unmoderated for so long.

You can forgo seeking forum suggestions and then use some common sense based on how posting habits have revealed themselves. We see a lot of technical questions in the Sofa because the sofa is the first forum on the index. Why not move the sofa to the bottom of the list? We see a lot of questions asked in the general forum that could be asked in any of the other forums (fonts, transparency, print, etc). If folks are incapable of posting in the focussed forums, why have so many? Simplify the number of forums if they are not being used as you expected.

None of this is rocket science.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”