GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
Macfool

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by Macfool » 01 Dec 2005, 11:43

[img]../../themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif">%20[strong]Scripting_Ace:[/strong]Really%20people,%20be%20bitter%20all%20you%20want%20but%20the%20"true[/img]
True for some, but we upgraded from Quark 4 to 6.5 primarily because a publisher that we do a lot of work for stipulated it as their software of choice. If we didn't upgrade, it was made clear that we'd lose the contract. No choice.

studio@aba

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by studio@aba » 01 Dec 2005, 11:45

[quote:b21d316997]Really people, be bitter all you want but the "true" culprit here is your poor "decision making process" in choosing a software that works for you as well as your inhability to organise your workflow around the tool of YOUR CHOICE.

I'll keep that in mind! Thanks! I Thought this was a forum where people could express there thoughts and experiences with Quark.

How can it be the fault of the user if the software is full of bugs. I am not saying InDesign is perfect but I find it a lot more stable.

longtimedesigner

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by longtimedesigner » 01 Dec 2005, 12:26

All anyone has to do is mention that they are having a good experience with InDesign, compared to Quark; Scripting Queen goes ballistic and launches into a tirade of personal insults.

In the larger community of DTP and graphic design, there are people who are interested in these issues. People want to make informed decisions about upgrades and which product suits them, and why. People like to share their experiences, good and bad. Scripting Queen always tries to stifle the topic.

http://www.geocities.com/fuquark/dq.gif

willmark

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by willmark » 01 Dec 2005, 13:09

[strong]Dynamite:[/strong]Quark is still a standard in the industry, whether you like it or not.

And just what alternate universe is this?

InDesigner

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by InDesigner » 01 Dec 2005, 20:24

[strong]longtimedesigner:[/strong]All anyone has to do is mention that they are having a good experience with InDesign, compared to Quark; Scripting Queen goes ballistic and launches into a tirade of personal insults.

Hmm... I must be missing the "between the lines" message where the tirade of personal insults was launched.

longtimedesigner

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by longtimedesigner » 01 Dec 2005, 21:17

[img]../../themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif">%20[strong]InDesigner:[/strong]Hmm...%20I%20must%20be%20missing%20the%20"between%20the%20lines[/img]
It doesn't take much to see it, really. It doesn't.

It's all in one post.

Scripting Queen: "How much more desperate can someone get?"

Was that a personal insult? Yes.

Scripting Queen: "On some points that were brought up in later posts. How could you blame Quark's productivity when worked over a network when the apllication itself is not made to do that. And that is not mentionning the fact that they are boosing on the job (That can only improve productivity right?")

Personal insult? Yes.

Not only that, if Scripting Queen can't figure out that Quark isn't working properly for this person on a network, and InDesign IS working properly on a network, his criticism is weak.

Scripting Queen: "Really people, be bitter all you want but the "true" culprit here is your poor "decision making process" in choosing a software that works for you as well as your inhability to organise your workflow around the tool of YOUR CHOICE."

Personal insult? Yes.

He's gone off before. He'll go off again.

marcusstringer

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by marcusstringer » 01 Dec 2005, 23:59

I vote

longtimedesigner and Scripting_Ace meet in a dark allyway
and slug it out.

Keep the hate off the forums...

And longtimedesigner there is no need to jump in and start the abuse every time Scripting_Ace types something.

and visa versa...

longtimedesigner

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by longtimedesigner » 02 Dec 2005, 01:04

marcus, I don't give scriptingqueen a hard time whenever he types something, and you know it. I didn't start the abuse, and you know that too.

I dont' even give scriptingqueen a hard time every time he launches into one of his insulting tirades.

I wouldn't mind seeing you criticize scriptingqueen for jumping on someone's case unnecessarily. Scriptingqueen's insults are where the abuse started. It could have been a friendly thread, and he was the first one to go hostile.

Maybe he'll learn not to take any mention of InDesign personally. I doubt it, but there's always hope.

willmark

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by willmark » 02 Dec 2005, 08:45

"Thunder Dome!"

"Two err, Men enter, One man leaves!"

studio@aba

GOODBYE & GOODLUCK

Post by studio@aba » 02 Dec 2005, 09:26

Can I be Max? I.ve got a dodgey knee! :D

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”